"This song's about shooting mashed potatoes out of your cock!"

Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 15, 2023, 10:44:10 AMI just came across Shane Gillis. Recommended on YouTube while I was coming dinner so I took a chance. Fucking hilarious.

Shane Gillis is definitely my favourite current comedian. Have a ticket for him here in August. Great on podcasts, great stand up and check out the Gilly and Keeves sketch stuff as well. Fuckin hilarious.

https://youtube.com/@GillyandKeeves

Checked out some stuff there, pretty funny alright. Watched him talking about his SNL thing with Joe Rogan, cos I had vague memories of that episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adWs1LwgfbY

Even funnier is just how close Joe Rogan, when he starts talking more towards the end of that clip, is to that hour long parody sketch of his podcast  :laugh:

I watched Tom Segura's new one earlier, bar a couple of highlights it's not the best.

Gimme some recs for stand-up. There's so much sheer rubbish out there, I can't even find it in me to take a chance on a name I don't know.

Mark Normand is hilarious if you haven't seen him before. And even if you have.

He's here necxt week actually. New Shane GIllis is class. Saw him do that set here about 2 weeks ago.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 09, 2023, 11:16:26 PMMark Normand is hilarious if you haven't seen him before. And even if you have.

Cool, will have a look. Any sets in particular?

Gillis is funny alright, Theo Von too some hilarious stories, and a couple others I've found in this thread also, but loads of the vids of these new guys are lengthy podcast things that just ain't something I have time for. A 30 minute or hour long special or a 15 minute slot, that's what I look for.

Gillis is gas. Very much in the same mould.

Went to watch that new Gillis one the other night, only managed a few mins. Wasn't for me at all.

I have always found Mark Normand insufferable. Even just the sound of his voice goes through my head. I put him in that we are only relevant because we are friends with Joe Rogan gang along with Brendan Schaub, Duncan Trussell and Bryan Callen.

Never heard Gillis material but have seen him on plenty of podcasts and he always comes across as a bit of a prick. Saw the video of his scumbag in Dublin story from when he was here recently during the week and didn't find it funny at all.

Theo Von and Tim Dillion are brilliant. Would love to have went to see Tim when he was in Dublin last year.

I didn't come across Normand via Rogan so that has nothing to do with it. I just think he is funny as fuck. And his voice is great!

Checked out some Mark Normand last night, it was a mixed bag of old-hat and very funny hat, but I think some of the stuff I saw was pretty old and I've a newer one lined up to check out now. Don't know that Dillon lad, will have a look-see later.

I find Dillon too much of a Stanhope try hard. Maybe wrong as I didn't give him much time. Didn't like Gillis at first but he's one of my favourites now. Same buzz with Theo Von.

Actually, watched a few Joe List specials on YouTube lately. Found him fuckin hilarious.

https://youtu.be/0MOGB0nBHpg?si=BfUUE1MGx0hnANhh

Quote from: mickO))) on September 10, 2023, 12:24:46 PMNever heard Gillis material but have seen him on plenty of podcasts and he always comes across as a bit of a prick. Saw the video of his scumbag in Dublin story from when he was here recently during the week and didn't find it funny at all.

Ya, I didn't find that funny either. Maybe check out a special if you're arsed given the podcasts are conversational rather than material.

Listened to all of that podcast and watched a few bits. There's a bit where they are listening to the Freebird solo which is truly uncomfortable for a few minutes. Stick to the comedy lads. Anytime Rogan tries to talk about music is cuntish. He literally said that 'this is one of the only times where the music is better than the song'. What the fuck are you on about Joe?