Watched this , good way to spend a Friday night.  Enjoyed.

Is the Bill Burr one ye are talking about the Colorado one? I watched it this morning, I thought it was gas. The mushrooms part was a bit tedious but the first half an hour was hilarious.

Ya, that's the one. Nothing new, and for that I couldn't say it's his best, but it's savage.

I really enjoyed the Bill Burr at Red Rocks special. Watched it last Friday night. It's not his best but it proves again that he is, probably, the most consistently funny comedian working in the US.

There are very few working at his level that come close - Dave Chappelle (the last one is a bit of a dip), Marc Maron (his last special special is a return to 100%) and John Mulaney are his only real competition.

Burr is exemplary. He somehow manages to straddle both sides of arguments without sitting on the fence.

I do agree that the special could have been trimmed down slightly though. It's too long at 85mins.

Watched the Bill Burr special at the weekend. Great stuff. Hes just brilliant at calling out all the bullshit. One of the mates is a comedian and I was at him in the Roundy in cork on Saturday. He went drinking with Burr last time he was in Ireland. Said he's a riot to go for a few pints with.

Watched the Bill Burr special over the weekend too. He's so good at sticking the knife into everyone in a seriously funny way. That amphitheatre looks like an incredible spot too.

As much as it pains me to post U2 this video is spectacular from the same venue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM4vblG6BVQ

Dave Chappelle in The Point (or whatever it's called now) mid-September. Tickets between €96 and €126 (if you want to be anywhere near him) plus booking fee.

Chappelle does an hour to 75 mins tops. They can fucking keep it.

This, on the other hand however, is a masterclass;

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2022/aug/13/jerry-sadowitz-edinburgh-fringe-standup-show-axed-due-to-complaints

This could also fit in the "The PC..." thread but I'll stick it here.

Sadowitz has always pushed the boundaries with his stand-up shows. This is nothing new. I remember watching his TV stuff in the 1990s and even then wondering "How has someone commissioned this without thinking that there won't be complaints?!"

What's bemusing here is the the fact that;

A. Sadowitz has being doing this sort of thing for nearly 40 years, it's not as if he's a new comedian emerging on the scene. He's a known quantity.
B. There were (apparently) warnings posted all over the venue, on the booking website and on the ticket itself noting that if you were of a sensitive predisposition to stay away from the gig.
C. The Pleasance (the venue) are saying that the house staff were the ones that are leading the charge in cancelling the show. However - Sadowitz had done a full technical run-through of the show - because he's a master magician - FOR THE STAFF OF THE VENUE! No one complained. Yet when people start making noise on Twitter about this show - they all lump in.

The show is even called "Jerry Sadowitz: Not For Anyone" for fuck sake.

Comedy as an art-form is in fear of becoming moribund. We'll be left with Brendan O'Carroll and Neil Delamere if we're not careful.

Also funny is that the Guardian just ran an opinion piece, which I scanned last night, trying to say that comedians these days aren't facing any such cancelling at all, or something to that effect, I dunno, the arguments were crap.

#176 August 15, 2022, 11:53:38 AM Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 11:55:20 AM by Eoin McLove
The irony of people showing up to a comedy show with absolutely no sense of humour is mind bending. This fucking weak trend of crybaby dominance needs to be put to the steak.

I just haappened to click on a short clip of this dude, Mark Normand (his name refuses to stick in my head),on YouTube the other night and ended up watching this entire special. Not for wimps and posers naturally, but I thought he hit the funny bone on the,  eh, head several times.

https://youtu.be/tDolNU89SXI

I watched a few Jarlath Regan videos recently. He's a long winded fucker, but  it's alright for observational humour. Too many of the same traits of annoying Irish comedians over the last 15 years.

Just when I was starting to feel a bit taken for granted at work, the boss arrives in today and hands me a couple of tickets for Dave Chapelle in September. That'll do.

Quote from: StoutAndAle on August 15, 2022, 11:30:36 AMhttps://www.theguardian.com/stage/2022/aug/13/jerry-sadowitz-edinburgh-fringe-standup-show-axed-due-to-complaints

This could also fit in the "The PC..." thread but I'll stick it here.

Sadowitz has always pushed the boundaries with his stand-up shows. This is nothing new. I remember watching his TV stuff in the 1990s and even then wondering "How has someone commissioned this without thinking that there won't be complaints?!"

What's bemusing here is the the fact that;

A. Sadowitz has being doing this sort of thing for nearly 40 years, it's not as if he's a new comedian emerging on the scene. He's a known quantity.
B. There were (apparently) warnings posted all over the venue, on the booking website and on the ticket itself noting that if you were of a sensitive predisposition to stay away from the gig.
C. The Pleasance (the venue) are saying that the house staff were the ones that are leading the charge in cancelling the show. However - Sadowitz had done a full technical run-through of the show - because he's a master magician - FOR THE STAFF OF THE VENUE! No one complained. Yet when people start making noise on Twitter about this show - they all lump in.

The show is even called "Jerry Sadowitz: Not For Anyone" for fuck sake.

Comedy as an art-form is in fear of becoming moribund. We'll be left with Brendan O'Carroll and Neil Delamere if we're not careful.
Saw Jerry Sadowitz at fringe fest good few years back.
Never seen so many walk outs. Even warned my wife, her sister & husband before, said he will push buttons. They all left too. Surprised it took this long for the cancelling.