I'm somewhat disappointed with it. I don't want Thin Lizzy from it, Primordial were always so unique to hear Lizzyesque pub rock in there at the beginning is kind of beneath them  (I think), that whole intro section is a bit begosh begorra for me.

I think Mr Mclove got into my head too with romantic notions of return to earlier styles, I'd hoped for that myself but knew it wouldn't be the case.
And indeed throughout the thread there's been lot's of guesses from all of us as to which way it could go.

There is, however an absolutely glorious section once the acoustic guitars kick in that reminds me of Journey's end that gives me hope for the rest of the record and indeed for this track to grow after a few more spins, I just don't think I'll ever warm to that first section.

Given the song a proper listen and like it for the most part.
Reminds me of TTND, which I really like, so fine by me.

The Lizzy intro was a bit off-putting, but grew on me.
They've 'kinda' had that going for them on some of the more recent albums anyway.

I can't see the whole album sounding like this though.

For what it's worth - I saw a comment on this song on Alan's patreon page to the effect of "This is the only song on the album that sounds like Lizzy", so it's possible the rest is very different.

Yea, I found that with Where Greater Men Have Fallen - lots of the formulaic stuff that we came to expect on it, but there was a lot of attempts to create something new and out of the comfort zone.

I must go back to Exile Among The Ruins too, of all the Primordial albums it's easily the one I've spent least time with.

I see Metal Blade don't even know Mick is gone!
https://www.metalblade.com/us/news/primordial-to-release-how-it-ends-september-29th-via-metal-blade-records/

PRIMORDIAL:
A.A. Nemtheanga – vocals
Ciarán MacUilliam – guitar
Michael O'Floinn – guitar
Pól MacAmlaigh – bass
Simon O'Laoghaire – drums

Still, tis nice to be nice with a simple thank you or acknowledgement after 20 years of service.

I'll wait to see how the whole thing goes together. Interesting to see The Gathering Wilderness theme continuing for the cover at least.

Primordial Feck Off Crows.png

Journeys End..... what a time, I have the original of Imrama on CD......ah those nights of fires and cider on Barnageara Beach....

Love "Redemption at the Puritan's Hand"..... still love the track "Stolen Years" from "Exile....."

I do like the transition of this track. If there's a nod to Thin Lizzy so what.....

I like it.... lots of change since the early 90s but at least these guys are still around. Keep going is what I say.....

Sounds like a nod to Lizzy for sure but the song has grown with each listen, Nemtheanga sounds great here, really looking forward to the album now.

It's very catchy. Lots going on with the vocals. There is one thing I would love to hear and it's a ripping guitar solo.
I know there is one there but a real flying off the fretboard style solo would lift the song even more.

Regardless I'm looking forward to the full album.

#323 August 17, 2023, 03:04:48 AM Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 03:10:35 AM by Mithrandir
That artwork is absolute dogshit, looks like something dodgy from the 90s that hasn't aged well.

Hearing running wild in that new track.

Quote from: Squigs on August 16, 2023, 11:43:41 AMI dunno lads, it's dull as dishwater to my ears. If the style is to remain very similar to TTND 15 years on, it's undeniable that this song wouldn't haven't gotten close to being on that record. Sometimes these songs fit better in the context of an album, but this is stagnant, by the numbers stuff for me. Definitely hear the SOTM comparison and the Thin Lizzy buzz, but I don't really see that as new.

Had my Bingo Card ready when I heard "funeral pyre' in the opening lyrics, was waiting on "wounded animal" and "brothers" for the house.

Agree with that, wasn't sure to laugh or turn it off when "funeral pyres" got another run....

Agree with that, wasn't sure to laugh or turn it off when "funeral pyres" got another run....
[/quote]

ha ha ..disappointed a Heathen Man of some sort didnt get a mench

Quote from: Snare on August 16, 2023, 05:26:18 PMI see Metal Blade don't even know Mick is gone!
https://www.metalblade.com/us/news/primordial-to-release-how-it-ends-september-29th-via-metal-blade-records/

PRIMORDIAL:
A.A. Nemtheanga – vocals
Ciarán MacUilliam – guitar
Michael O'Floinn – guitar
Pól MacAmlaigh – bass
Simon O'Laoghaire – drums

Still, tis nice to be nice with a simple thank you or acknowledgement after 20 years of service.

I'll wait to see how the whole thing goes together. Interesting to see The Gathering Wilderness theme continuing for the cover at least.

Primordial Feck Off Crows.png

Is that the Die-Hard edition, with the alternative album title ??!!!  :laugh:

Wouldn't be gone on that but then I haven't liked a primordial album since the gathering wilderness

Quote from: Jward on August 17, 2023, 01:59:21 PMIs that the Die-Hard edition, with the alternative album title ??!!!  :laugh:

That's the album teaser that comes free with the Farmer's Journal referenced by McLove.

I got a good laugh at the Bingo Card requirements for House, thanks Squigs!  :laugh:

Quote from: Snare on August 17, 2023, 05:12:00 PM
Quote from: Jward on August 17, 2023, 01:59:21 PMIs that the Die-Hard edition, with the alternative album title ??!!!  :laugh:

That's the album teaser that comes free with the Farmer's Journal referenced by McLove.

I got a good laugh at the Bingo Card requirements for House, thanks Squigs!  :laugh:
Is there an "=ation" in there?Redemption?Salvation?