The long antipated new tune hit me weird, I was so excited for it I think I expected too much, and at first was somehow left underwhelmed or something. But after 6 listens or so now and a little while to let it sink in, yeah it fucking rocks. I like it! It's definitely Primordial all over. They have a very unique and original sound/style and this song shows it fully and firmly. I'm really excited to hear the rest of the album, some of the song titles are very promising, like All Against All has to be fucking dark and heavy right?. The artwork; I don't know, not great really is it, it's certainly different which I think was needed; but it just feels a bit too simple and plain really is all. Either way, I Do like the new song, and remain hyped for the album. Ordered, along with that tshirt!

Oh yeah, seeing as no one asked or cares and fuck you, this is how I'd rate the albums meself now...
Gathering Wilderness > Nameless Dead > Storm Before Calm > Spirit The Earth > Exile Amongst > Redemption At > Where Greater > Journeys End > Dark Romanticism > Imrama

QuoteGathering Wilderness > Nameless Dead > Storm Before Calm > Spirit The Earth > Exile Amongst > Redemption At > Where Greater > Journeys End > Dark Romanticism > Imrama

Interesting rating of the albums. Some of the records you have at the end I'd have at the top (No right answer with this, unlike a Slayer or Metallica I think everyone's Primordial list would be different)

An aside, I gave Imrama a blast recently enough and while some of it is hasn't aged well, I still think parts of it hold up very well. The youthful exuberance definitely comes through at least.Different time, different band etc.

Imrama is great. Definitely a bit unrealised in terms of their own definitive style with obvious nods to influences here and there, but I love it for that too. Youthful, charming and full of atmosphere and the old logo and artwork are so cool. I would love to get some of the earlier designs on t-shirts with the very old logo and the more basic version of the later logo (before they added the stag and serpent).

Yeah, I love it too but acknowledge it isn't the fully formed article. I'd definitely throw it on more frequently than some of the more recent releases.

Did anyone ever catch them live that far back? Earliest I seen them was Journey's end, they had some miles under their belts at that stage. Just wondering what those handful of earlier shows were like.

Saw them just prior to it a few times for sure when theyd have played some of those songs, not sure if I saw them once it was released?I think punk/hc had taken over for me by then

I caught them live twice in 95 and again late 90s in Cork.I still think their peak was around 2000-2002.

Saw them a few times around that time, doing smaller/pub gigs, I think I saw them in the Temple Bar Music Centre once. Last time was an album launch downstairs in Fibbers (support was Averill, Steve Hughes and Darragh O'Laoghaire playing covers, anyone remember what year it was?) - I lasted 2 songs.

Saw them in Cork way back when and at one of the Day Of Darkness all day things. The change is palpable to the band of nowadays. Still think the new album will deliver.
The preorders have a t shirt that seem quite far removed from the album art.

Mmm still not convinced by the new song. Still will order lp

Saw them in Nancy's in Cork just after they'd signed with... Candlelight wasn't it? Whenever that was.....94? Am almost sure the show is on The somewhere.

The new song isn't great to my ears. Perhaps I just need to give  it more time.

Had to wait til today to have good sound to listen to this. Not sure it was worth waiting. Definitely regret giving it its first listen along with the video, which is neither good nor bad enough. Will try to forget video by this time tomorrow and give it a listen on its own.

Yes the video is ridiculous. Like wtf is going on. Song is meh really hope album is great.

The video is like the beginning of an idea that was never developed. It's shot beautifully but it's utterly pointless. The song gets better with repeated listens but I don't really want Primordial to sound like Thin Lizzy. We'll see what the rest of the album holds.