Just heard Mark Lanegan has passed away at 57. Don't know many details yet. He ended up in ICU with COVID a while back, but came through it, or at least apparently. One of the best concerts I went to while living in Paris, and very glad I did.

It shouldn't seem out of the blue, given the life he'd led but it is. A shame, a phenomenal voice.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on February 22, 2022, 08:16:35 PM
Just heard Mark Lanegan has passed away at 57. Don't know many details yet. He ended up in ICU with COVID a while back, but came through it, or at least apparently. One of the best concerts I went to while living in Paris, and very glad I did.
Ah fuck, I was only reading the other day about how he was living in Kerry. Got to see him about 5 years ago in Dublin and briefly met him after, thought he looked in awful shape at the time, walking with a cane and everything, but he sounded great.

Shocking, was only reading an interview with him recently about his new book.

Shit news! A real loss!

Was kinda into Screaming Trees years back.
But his early solo albums are great. They were definitely some of the few non-metal albums that got me through some strange and even difficult times.

Read about him ending up in Tralee hospital for ages after catching Covid. Took a lot out of him, which isn't surprising giving his history of drug abuse and the amount he smoked.

Was delighted to catch him live in Cork years ago with Mike Johnson (Dinosaur Jr.) supporting and also playing in his backing band. He was well up for meeting fans after the show. Looked totally fucked backed then too, to be fair.

Awww man, sad sad news indeed. A tragic passing away and the word 'legend' can justifiably be used here.
Only ever saw the great man live once, with the Soulsavers in Dublin in 2009...

https://youtu.be/loLl3Rn1jN4

Sad news such a talented individual, I recall seeing Screaming Trees for the first time on a 'grunge' special possibly on BBC2 in the 90's, blew me away!

Quote from: OpenSores on February 22, 2022, 11:57:27 PM
Sad news such a talented individual, I recall seeing Screaming Trees for the first time on a 'grunge' special possibly on BBC2 in the 90's, blew me away!

Saw him first with screaming tree's on Jools Holland in 96. Blown away. Such a loss.

Read his biography couple of months back. Cracking read and real insight into the grunge era back then.
Grim as fu#k in parts ie "heroine saved him from alcoholism " and his views on layne staley.
Cracking read imo.

Didier Séverin The vocalist of Knut.

I'm gonna guess drug related given his history and them being in SA. Great drummer.

Klaus Schulze, dissipated off into the nether.

https://youtu.be/qBn0Jnf7_3M

Ah shite. His stuff is mighty.