Essential band for me the only black marks on the discography are the two industrial style albums. All 6 of the 90's albums are some of the best BM ever recorded. Even the Heidenreich material he did with his wife was great. Major loss as I really don't see Abigor continuing without him.

A damn shame, he was prominent in my earliest cinema memories (The Empire Strikes Back - which I hope to see on the big screen again tomorrow night - and Conan The Barbarian). Alays added gravitas to whatever he was in.

James Earl Jones turning into a snake is probably my favourite movie moment.  He has a good innings. 

#744 September 18, 2024, 11:26:00 PM Last Edit: September 19, 2024, 02:02:10 AM by Carnage
Jesus, that's two from the band in the space of a couple of months. What happened? I know they cancelled their tour because of a medical issue, obviouspy he took ill.

Edit: Just read that he had a heart attack, same as Pinche Peach.

That's crazy two of them gone and now the band is obviously gone as well. Terrible loss. So glad I went to both of the shows they played here in May and got to meet both guys.

They were suppose to be touring Europe with Carcass next year and I was hoping we would get an Irish date.

Kris Kristofferson, 88.

A good age but still a shame, I had great time for him.

A legend in his own right no doubt. RIP

#748 September 30, 2024, 02:01:30 PM Last Edit: September 30, 2024, 02:10:45 PM by The Wretch
Quote from: Carnage on September 30, 2024, 12:13:26 AMKris Kristofferson, 88.

A good age but still a shame, I had great time for him.

Yeah, me too. My parents and especially my Aunt and Uncle (and even a few of my older cousins) were always massive fans, so I grew up hearing his music, and seeing his movies. He always came across as a really cool, decent guy, and he was definitely a magnetic character.

I'm generally more a fan of traditional honky-tonk or western swing when it comes to country, but he had some excellent tunes. I mean, even if his only notable hit was Johnny Cash's version of 'Sunday Morning Coming Down' (as my cousin just said to me earlier, very few songs capture lonesome desolation quite so well) he would still be notable, but he wrote so many great tracks.

Not a great singer as such, but a very good songwriter, and he had a unique and enthralling delivery. Plus he worked with Cash, Jennings and Nelson in The Highwayman, which says a lot about his standing.

And he was a pretty damn good actor too, Convoy, Vigilante Force, Lone Star (Charlie Wade was definitely one of the greatest evil bastards in cinema, in an excellent movie that sadly seems to be largely forgotten now) Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia, Pat Garrett And Billy The Kid, Heaven's Gate, Blade etc.   

Help Me Make It Through The Night and Me And Bobby McGee would have been up there too.

Willie's the only Highwayman left standing, I never would have expected him to outlast Kristofferson.