Quote from: Carnage on June 25, 2024, 01:53:47 PMMícheál Ó Muircheartaigh, aged 93. The end of an era there.

Absolutely. Been having a great time revisiting his best moments today though.

Quote from: Carnage on June 25, 2024, 01:53:47 PMMícheál Ó Muircheartaigh, aged 93. The end of an era there.

End of an era, for sure.

I see RTE's Tommie Gorman died today, too.

Quote from: The Great Cull on June 25, 2024, 02:44:22 PMOne to hit ye all pretty hard. Shifty Shellshock from Crazy Town.

Seen that earlier.
Fuckin' state of him at the end...  :-X

Pinche Peach from Brujeria, 57. Heart issues, apparently.

That's terrible news. Met him while they were here in May and he was a gent.

Tomas "Monster" Vendl of MASTER'S HAMMER passed away yesterday. He recorded the bass for all demos + "Ritual" and "Jilemniky Okultista" in the early 90s. Peak Black Metal albums...

No way. How weird, I was jar looking at my NWN bootleg LP of Ritual and Jilemny on the shelf and thinking I need to do a little MH binge soon. How did he die? He can't have been that old.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 27, 2024, 11:03:57 AMHow did he die? He can't have been that old.

I haven't seen the cause of death anywhere, but he would have been in his late 50s or even early 60s at this stage? Despite "Ritual" was released only in '91, MH had been around since the early 80s.

60s is young so it must have been cancer or something.

Seen Jack Russell from Great White kicked off, too. Only 63 I think it said.

Quote from: jobrok1 on August 16, 2024, 02:34:03 PMSeen Jack Russell from Great White kicked off, too. Only 63 I think it said.

Sad news. He'd been sick for a while. He was a great vocalist.

#731 August 17, 2024, 03:06:10 AM Last Edit: August 17, 2024, 03:28:38 AM by The Wretch
His vocals on the debut in particular were savage IMO. I wish they had made more music like that to be honest.

That said, I do enjoy some of the later, more blues-rawk type tunes (although the likes of 'Mista Bone' were always fairly cringy, as were most of their ballads) and I have good memories of my friends older brother playing 'Psycho City' in his car stereo. 

Serious pipes here, some full on metal shrieks and piercing high notes on display, along with the more gritty tones.

Tore Ylvisaker, keyboardist with Ulver since... a long, long time ago, passed away on the 16th August, the day of his 54th birthday.

P.K. from Abigor. Only 49.

Yeah, bit of a shocker, suicide apparently. Not a band I'm enormously familiar with but the most recent album was cool, and "Channeling the Quintessence of Satan" is amazing