Just stumbled across the news that Ted Kirkpatrick of Tourniquet passed away 4 months back, in August. Not the best news to end the year on.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/tourniquet-founder-ted-kirkpatrick-dead-at-62

Jeff Beck has died apparently.

Arguably the best guitarist of all time and probably an under-recognised contributor to heavy metal, his album Truth had some nasty playing for 1968.

Ah shit. Amazing guitarist.

Very sad news amazing player

Obviously we all know the name Jeff Beck, but I honestly can't say I'm very familiar with much of his music.
But whenever I do hear his name I automatically remember this from my younger days...   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne-SMy83qk0

Unreal guitarist. Live in Ronnie Scotts is a beaut. Vinnie Colaiuta killing it on that as well. The album with Rod Stewart singing is savage. Never dug too much further.

#398 January 12, 2023, 10:28:44 PM Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 10:33:07 PM by warhead
Jeff Beck was out of scope of my interests, Blaze Of Glory and Miracle from Jon Bon Jovi are probably the only songs he appeared on that I was listening to extensively. But he was an amazing artist, not just a guitar player, even a blind man could have seen that. It was a sad thing, and he could have lived more, but.....a 78 year old man died, and people all over the world are saying they're shocked...like...wut?

Personally, I'll take shocked reactions over tedious ones any day. Iommi and Blackmore were the only folk I myself saw expressing shock. I think that's understandable. They were his peers. I'd be shocked if I heard today that a 78 year old family member who I otherwise knew to be healthy and well had died. If you need any further help working through these complex emotions, let us know, yeah?

Lisa Marie Presley died aged 54 of a heart attack.
Awful young age to die. She was smokin hot too.

She was before the plastic made an appearance. Like her mother in that regard.

Very young though, any cause of death given?

Saw a photo of her on the The Guardian's news report - she looks unrecognisable from all the cosmetic surgery.

I'm going to say now that the word "fentanyl" will appear somewhere in the coroner's report.