Ozzy on Andrew Watt in a recent interview

Quote What music have you been playing lately?

I'm trying to write something new with [Ordinary Man producer] Andrew [Watt], but he had Covid. He was very sick, and he still is. The thing about this fucking Covid thing is, I don't think they really know what they're fucking dealing with; it changes. One time, we're told it's harmful to older people; now it's also harmful to young kids. It's fucking weird.
But [Andrew] was one of the first ones to get it. And he's still kind of sick with it. He had a good day and a bad day, you know? It fucks your lungs up.

Quote from: astfgyl on September 03, 2020, 05:13:29 PM
Quote from: mickO))) on September 03, 2020, 12:55:52 AM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8688793/Pregnant-mum-arrested-Facebook-post-inciting-coronavirus-protest.html

Wow, reading the text of the event she organised and it's actually very reasonable stuff. Ridiculous stuff indeed and very authoritarian. Gets back to the idea of the response being far more dangerous than the virus.

Yeah few other videos going around from Melbourne as well. Saw one of a fellas house being raided because of a facebook post as well.

Here is an interview/ q and a, with Dr Marcus De Brun, who used to be on the medical council and is a bit critical of certain elements of how this is all playing out.

He doesn't seem to be getting involved in anything wild regarding theories or anything like that, just answering the questions as honestly as he can. Anyway it's worth a watch for anyone interested in looking beyond the headline and hearing a bit of an alternate view on things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeimhzK-4IQ&feature=emb_logo

#1383 September 07, 2020, 10:34:46 PM Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 10:50:32 PM by astfgyl
Quote from: astfgyl on August 07, 2020, 03:34:14 PM
It's funny to see how with the rises in cases in the midlands that the talk is of localised lockdowns and "not ruling anything out", yet when Dublin and Cork were riddled with cases and fuck all anywhere else, the localised solution was dismissed out of hand.

Money talks as usual.

Then, this evening..

QuoteAsked about people being worried about a potential lockdown, particularly in Dublin, Dr Glynn said that the language of 'lockdown' is "really unhelpful".

:laugh:

Indeed it is! Terribly unhelpful.

Edit: And here:

Have some cold symptoms (sore throat, sinuses burning a bit, migraine), so for work I had to see the doctor and make an appointment for a test today. He also prescribed me a single whopper dose of vitamin D, and zinc to take nightly to keep the immune system active but, specifically, not over-active. Found it interesting to see what the first line interventions are now anyway.

That is interesting. A lot of the kids that my ones know have had the exact same over the last week. None of them have been referred for a test though. I was only speaking to one parent and they said the doctor just diagnosed it as strep throat over the phone and said no worries definitely not covid. It will be interesting to hear what the result of your test is.

It'll be a lack of testosterone.

:laugh: :laugh: Ffs Caoimhín.....  :laugh:

This is flying around Facebook a bit, but I'm no statistician, so not sure if the claims are correct:

https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/casesinireland/epidemiologyofcovid-19inireland/COVID-19_Daily_epidemiology_report_(NPHET)_04092020_website.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3C3tVFJRQv4xuiVF7Bkn1R4dIWPkxxVZsClg0IxG_1laaIinWSuJBq0rs

Page 11 seemingly says the total number of deaths is 1,777, and the total number of deaths with underlying conditions is 1,677. So Covid alone killed 100 people, mostly in their 80's?

There's probably more nuance to it than that, so it'd be good to hear it if so.

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on September 08, 2020, 07:38:07 AM
:laugh: :laugh: Ffs Caoimhín.....  :laugh:
As subtle as a knee into the soynads  :laugh:

Quote from: Caomhaoin on September 08, 2020, 06:21:39 AM
It'll be a lack of testosterone.

Whatever keeps my number of sprogs to one is good for me!  :laugh:

There's always the back door too though. Although not every girl is up for a bit of pegging.  :laugh:

Quote from: Bigmac on September 08, 2020, 08:05:47 AM
This is flying around Facebook a bit, but I'm no statistician, so not sure if the claims are correct:

https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/casesinireland/epidemiologyofcovid-19inireland/COVID-19_Daily_epidemiology_report_(NPHET)_04092020_website.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3C3tVFJRQv4xuiVF7Bkn1R4dIWPkxxVZsClg0IxG_1laaIinWSuJBq0rs

Page 11 seemingly says the total number of deaths is 1,777, and the total number of deaths with underlying conditions is 1,677. So Covid alone killed 100 people, mostly in their 80's?

There's probably more nuance to it than that, so it'd be good to hear it if so.
The underlying conditions are pretty broad, obesity is classed as one so that would mean a quarter of all Irish people are high risk, asthma is another which would be another 10% of the population, give it take a bit of crossover

Quote from: Trev on September 08, 2020, 09:55:14 AM
The underlying conditions are pretty broad, obesity is classed as one so that would mean a quarter of all Irish people are high risk

Sunday fry ups are the real virus.