#1365 September 01, 2020, 07:32:09 PM Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 07:34:23 PM by Pedrito
Is the government meant to police people drinking? It's a minefield tbh. Personally I don't think that's their job. I think we could do with probably more Garda on the streets and keep the pressure on pubs and venues that are profiting off of the booze culture. Tricky one though.

Quote from: Blackout on September 01, 2020, 07:07:33 PM
214 cases, jesus. Defo heading for lockdown.

Don't worry we can't afford it

Limerick and Tipperary cases on the up. Those jackeens coming down the M7.

Just over half of those are backlog clearances, I wouldn't panic on the high number just yet.

Regarding the pubs/gigs thing, I reckon it will be a long time before the hype dies down enough for anything resembling what we know as a gig or any of that, but folks are always coming up with ideas and it will sure be interesting to see how the likes of medium to large size touring bands circumvent the issue. The online gigs will only take the sting out of it for so long.

Actually I've had an idea. Could everyone wear something like scuba cylinders, or the ones the fire brigade use and have gigs without the fear of catching or spreading anything? The pit might be slightly more dangerous than usual, but eventually everyone would work out not to go in there and it would sort itself out after the first couple of hundred hospitalisations. The idea of no indoor close contact is that the air itself would be a potential source of infection so what needs to be done is to take away the potential for the gig goers to breathe any of that air. The bands will of course have to do the same, so unfortunately it will be slipknot or nothing for a while

Quote from: Emphyrio on September 01, 2020, 08:40:28 PM
Limerick and Tipperary cases on the up. Those jackeens coming down the M7.

The bollixes. Don't rubbish Tipp lads! Actually the image I have in my head of a rake of dubs hurtling down the M7 with the covid pissing out through the open windows of their cars is giving me great amusement here. Cannabis is indeed a hell of a drug

Quote from: Carnage on September 01, 2020, 08:52:40 PM
Just over half of those are backlog clearances, I wouldn't panic on the high number just yet.

The numbers always drop off of a Sunday and Monday before we get hit with the big one on the Tuesday. I predicted to someone in work earlier that today would be the day for the magic 200. I also said it several times during the last month, but sure none of that matters once I got it right this time.

I think what happens there is that the lads who aren't feeling the best don't want to have their weekend ruined, so don't turn up for a test until after they return home from the wild party in Killarney. Also, taking it on the Monday avoids the maximum amount of going to work.

I just can't wait to start a death metal band called Coronavirus.

Looks the part alright  :laugh:
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

me wana banana and die in a fire...

Quote from: Juggz on September 01, 2020, 04:39:48 PM
I still can't see how 18 people in a place like the Triskel is sustainable anyway, but you've got to support what's there or it will disappear.
Fredz have been doing alright for decades!!!!     :abbath: :abbath: :abbath:

Quote from: mickO))) on September 03, 2020, 12:55:52 AM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8688793/Pregnant-mum-arrested-Facebook-post-inciting-coronavirus-protest.html

Wow, reading the text of the event she organised and it's actually very reasonable stuff. Ridiculous stuff indeed and very authoritarian. Gets back to the idea of the response being far more dangerous than the virus.