Constant stream of Limerick and Dublin reg cars heading for the beaches all day yesterday here in West Clare. Clare has had no detected cases for about a month, expect that to change pretty sharpish. It's already glaringly obvious that people can't be trusted once they've a few substantial meals in them.

Maybe one for the pet peeves thread but seeing an auld one walking down the street the other day with a mask down around her chin and coughing her lungs out boggles the mind.

Here's a story I read on rte news website:

"Nearly 1,300 people at the Indonesian Army Officer Candidate School in the country's most populated province of West Java test positive and are quarantined, with 30 initially hospitalised with mild symptoms, an official says.

Of the 1,280 confirmed infections, 991 are cadets and the rest are staff and their family members. Most have no symptoms."

It's a really fucking weird one isn't it, the whole asymptomatic thing. Anyone reckon there is something fucked up with the testing? Like a user on here had it and says he is broke up still, yet most people who get it don't even know they have it other than a test result. So strange wondering what it is that makes the difference

Yeah, but that same user was a "witness" at Sandy Hook, so can we really believe anything they say??

Quote from: astfgyl on July 12, 2020, 10:04:32 PM
Wrong thread?

he's making the point they deliberately cultivate ridiculous lapses in the narrative to offer mystery trails for people to spend time and mental energy on, and distract people from their own life stories.

who can we believe? who can we trust?  :-\

"In God We Trust"

So putting our trust in fictional characters is the way to go, seemingly

Quote from: astfgyl on July 12, 2020, 10:31:51 PM
"In God We Trust"

So putting our trust in fictional characters is the way to go, seemingly

the deeper you go the worse it gets until you crave the stuff you used to hate

Dunno whether to move this on to the meaning of life or theories thread..

Quote from: astfgyl on July 12, 2020, 10:44:12 PM
Dunno whether to move this on to the meaning of life or theories thread..

life is mysterious. learning these tidbits has made me even more depressed than usual, but somehow empowered; I now have a grab-bag of basic tools to understand the weird parts of life, not that I know much really.

I honestly believe nobody actually knows anything

They would want to make an announcement on what is happening with the pubs on Monday. I would be of the persuasion that they shouldn't open properly until at least after the August Bank Holiday weekend but if they made a decision we could at least start planning a different form of entertainment then.

We could open them up with little signs outside: "No Yanks, No Brits, No Brazilians"

Jokes aside, I wonder how long before anything in the way of gigs goes ahead again

Quote from: astfgyl on July 14, 2020, 03:05:26 PM
We could open them up with little signs outside: "No Yanks, No Brits, No Brazilians"

Jokes aside, I wonder how long before anything in the way of gigs goes ahead again

a century ago everyone was frightened of the black and tans, now the entire country is swarmed with blacks and tans and various eastern europeans, and the only Irish people breeding are people you'd prefer not to breed so much.

the real joke is when the NO IRISH signs start appearing in Ireland. If it wasn't a tragedy it'd be quite amusing.

but it's not to give you a hard time or anything, you seem quite a nice guy, it's just a few years ago the 'we' in Ireland stopped including you.

it's all such a joke; I wonder what today's newspaper headlines will say? maybe there's a surprise entry this week in 'the charts'....

1920-2020, if it's a reset, can we pull the plug instead?

what does lewis hamilton think about what kerry king thinks about this?

is kerry king even still alive?

Jumpers for goalposts