Chief Medical Officer says the National Public Health Emergency Team got new information last night from the National Virus Reference Lab with a significant increase in cases.

So I'm guessing this is the reason why they have decided upon all these new measures. Denmark of similar size to us did this last night with way more confirmed cases.

Quote from: Juggz on March 12, 2020, 07:21:02 AM

QuoteOf paramount importance to us is the health and safety of the Head Cases. We've worked hard with all our management, booking agents, and business associates to find other solutions or options, but the levels of risk to our audience and their communities is simply too high for our comfort level. In addition to that, we also have a unique group of extraordinarily passionate fans who travel from all over the continent to watch our shows. We are eternally humbled by the dedication and devotion of the Head Cases, however in this case, travel is something not recommended.

*snip*
vent all of our collective frustration, as a result of this insane moment in history, out in the circle pit.

Good to see the world come together to control the spread of Robb Flynn.

Head Cases? What a headtheball.

#107 March 12, 2020, 01:18:09 PM Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 01:20:40 PM by Pedrito
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 12, 2020, 12:24:20 PM
All schools and universities in Ireland to be closed for two weeks. That's Ireland's response with 43 confirmed cases and 1 death.

Here in France, where there are well over 2,000 confirmed cases and over 40 deaths, schools and universities remain open.

They need to get the finger out. Ridiculous. Ireland's reaction is late but it's good they made the call. Maybe it's something to do with capacity? I don't think the Irish health system would do well under the strain, it's already pushed enough at the best of times. France possibly better prepared? No idea.

Quote from: Pedrito on March 12, 2020, 01:18:09 PM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 12, 2020, 12:24:20 PM
All schools and universities in Ireland to be closed for two weeks. That's Ireland's response with 43 confirmed cases and 1 death.

Here in France, where there are well over 2,000 confirmed cases and over 40 deaths, schools and universities remain open.

They need to get the finger out. Ridiculous. Ireland's reaction is late but it's good they made the call. Maybe it's something to do with capacity? I don't think the Irish health system would do well under the strain, it's already pushed enough at the best of times.
My missus is an ICU nurse in one of the bigger Dublin hospitals, and they've been running at a critical staffing level since around last summer as it is. She reckons any sort of bigger breakout will absolutely cripple the place

French medical staff haven't been on strike and department directors quitting just for the laugh here over the last year. The public health service employees will tell you the hospitals here are fucked if we go Italy's way (which the country already is), but the minister for health is still spouting shite. Yesterday in an official communication the ministry for health said, "children aren't a fragile population, so don't be afraid about sending them to school." I can't figure out if they're treating the people like idiots or whether they themselves are just absolute fucking morons (if you didn't catch it, the point with closing the schools is to stem transmission from household to household, not to protect the kids themselves, who will be grand...which is also why they're potentially so "dangerous" in this epidemic).

The 'hysteria' is quickly rising, ive noticed in work and around. This shit was spread by people being stupid and will continue to be spread by people being stupid.

The selfishness of bulk buyers for bog roll etc is not surprising.. fuck everyone else.. I need 600 rolls of shitty!

I can see on the DME facebook page people just worried about seeing their favourite band etc... again this is just more of stupidity as far as I'm concerned. All that shit should be cancelled end of.
Stay at home and listen to the new machine head album and crush a few cans on your forehead if you are that eager to RAWK

On a lighter note

Also it's a good thing Brexit isnt dominating the news anymore... although bit of a monkey's paw that one

#112 March 12, 2020, 06:23:03 PM Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 06:25:01 PM by Nail_Bombed
Large and not-so large gigs in Cork all called off / postponed. Lankum, Stanton's Grave/Vomit and other gigs round the city from plugd and The Kino all pulled. Not a great time for the entertainment biz to be sure, but better to do this now than to have more of a balloon in cases of the lurgy.

Also all Leisureworld swimming pools shut down.

It's quite bizzarre walking through a supermarket and seeing all the bread/pasta and baked beans gone. Even more bizarre to see all the rice pudding cleared out too. Didn't think the Irish would be too into rice pudding!!

Was in Tesco today and despite all the regular pasta being cleared out, there was a stack of red lentil pasta left... so for probably the first and last time in my life, it all came up Milhouse as that's what I eat :laugh:

Off til the 30th March. Doesn't have much of a good buzz about it though. I suppose a beer couldn't hurt.

Macron finally announcing a lockdown effective from Monday until further notice. I called a halt to my experiments today so will be working from home starting from now.

Can you time your wanks from home?

I find Outlook calendar works very well in that regard