First cured cases discharged from Irish hospital today. 81-90% of people who get it only have very mild issues and can recover at home, not one fatality worldwide of kids under 9 and 0.2% fatality rate for people aged 10-40.

We reassured our Beaver Scout group tonight as it's basically hysteria in the media day in day out and no-one's discussing with kids. Told them the importance of washing hands thoroughly in any event to protect older people etc as people generally miss so much of their hand surface even when spending time at it. Pretend you're a surgeon scrubbing up pre-op...

...and don't be the complete ignoramous in the toilet cubicle next to me in work today who just avoided washing hands completely. They left the bathroom without a second thought before I got out. Jesus these animals disgust me all the time but now with all the signs and media attention to wash hands and control the spread of covid it just beggars belief.  :o  >:(

I thought this was a good article
https://www.rte.ie/brainstorm/2020/0310/1121444-10-reasons-not-to-panic-about-the-coronavirus/

67,000 people recovered so far, don't hear so much about that either.

Tonight Basketball Ireland cancelled all activities until further notice. Brave decision as there was only 1 weekend left in the Men's Super League, thought they might have waited til Sunday!

Just waiting on gig cancellations... and the cancellation of the PL so Liverpool don't win the league  :laugh: :laugh:

Liverpool the new Man United it seems.

Premier league games gointg to be played behind closed doors,a few journalists tweeting in the last few minutes.

Quote from: Hank Hill on March 10, 2020, 10:21:08 AM
Anyone else reckon this will lead to a lot of cancelled gigs?

Burn my tickets, brah

"It is with heavy heart that we must announce the postponement of our upcoming EU/UK tour in support of the 25th anniversary of Burn My Eyes.

As residents of the Bay Area, we've been hit hard and have witnessed firsthand what has been going on. Public gatherings of more than 1000 have been banned in San Jose, and events in downtown San Francisco including major concerts and conferences have been shut down.

We have been watching the situation overseas on a daily basis, in contact with all promoters, and local governments for the status of our concert there. As of a week ago, we had 6 concert cancelled until the 2nd week of April, due the banning of public gathering over 1,000 people (or in some cases 100 people). Even at that point, we still held out hope that things would be contained, and that the public gathering ordinances would be lifted by the time our tour started.

As of today, we now have 14 shows cancelled until the 2nd week of April, with 7 cancelled indefinitely. And it appears as of an hour ago, another 3 have been cancelled.

15 minutes ago the World Health Organization just declared the Coronavirus a pandemic.

Of paramount importance to us is the health and safety of the Head Cases. We've worked hard with all our management, booking agents, and business associates to find other solutions or options, but the levels of risk to our audience and their communities is simply too high for our comfort level. In addition to that, we also have a unique group of extraordinarily passionate fans who travel from all over the continent to watch our shows. We are eternally humbled by the dedication and devotion of the Head Cases, however in this case, travel is something not recommended.

So it is with deep frustration and regret that we are forced to make this announcements. The Burn My Eyes 25th anniversary tour is to be postponed and shows rescheduled for a later date, hopefully in the Fall, but possibly later.

We look forward to our next concerts with you all, and the ability to publicly gather together and play raging heavy metal for you and vent all of our collective frustration, as a result of this insane moment in history, out in the circle pit.

Stay safe, stay calm, and be well friends."

Hoping the Malokarpatan gig will go ahead but it's looking less likely now. 

I went to pick up hand sanitizer for work this morning and there was none.  Bog roll being snapped up too.  Good to see people are playing it cool while moving all their items into their bunkers  :laugh:

Yeah, Tesco in Clonmel was stripped clean of bog roll yesterday, not a roll to be found anywhere. We'll die with clean rectums.

I'm less concerned about a potential bog roll shortage than a nappy drought tbh!

Me too. Didn't realise Pampers costed a shit more than the other brands.
Might have to pull out my student training from long ago and steal bog roll from work.

Yeah, toilet paper is impossible to find here either. What is more, many supermarkets are stripped almost bare. Tried to get the groceries online yesterday evening, not a hope.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 12, 2020, 08:58:51 AM
I'm less concerned about a potential bog roll shortage than a nappy drought tbh!

I can't believe you're not on the reusable nappies, you monster!

Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 12, 2020, 10:38:39 AM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 12, 2020, 08:58:51 AM

I can't believe you're not on the reusable nappies, you monster!

Are you? How are they? (Might as well talk about something a bit lighter than pandemics for a bit.)
Since I'm not the stay at home one, I don't try to impose my hippy ideals for fear of getting a very used pampers to the face  ;)

Annik is great for using them,  I'm too lazy and just fire the Pampers on him but I'm going to start using the reusables. They are actually very easy to use.

In other news, looks like Ireland is on lockdown.

All schools and universities in Ireland to be closed for two weeks. That's Ireland's response with 43 confirmed cases and 1 death.

Here in France, where there are well over 2,000 confirmed cases and over 40 deaths, schools and universities remain open.