Quote from: Giggles on August 27, 2021, 09:37:51 PM
Right... but I'm not talking about comparing stats, I'm talking about the mindset.

The mindset is based on the reality, they're inseparable. Closer to home then if you want people to think about their grannies; between 200 - 500 deaths in Ireland from flu each year. 5000 so far from COVID.
https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/immunisation/pubinfo/adult/fluva/

There's your difference in mindset.

#3257 August 27, 2021, 09:47:36 PM Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 09:50:39 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Quote from: Caomhaoin on August 27, 2021, 09:42:04 PM
They aren't pushing it as hard as Trevor Noah and pals say they are I guess.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/health/fda-warns-against-ivermectin-covid-treatment.amp

Hopefully you're not going to try to deny the anti-vaccine rhetoric of many of their top hosts. That's the greater sin, no doubt. It just so happens that they also spoke favorably of ivermectin:
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/23/media/right-wing-media-ivermectin/index.html

Yes, that is CNN; if you're defending Fox, you don't deserve my time finding a more neutral source.

Edit: Ha! Just looked up to see if the % of vaccinated population for Mississippi used in that article was correct at 37%. It is correct, and also it places Mississippi second from bottom in terms of vaccine roll-out. What a fucking coincidence, huh???

If the testing for flu was done the same as testing for covid we would be up to the same amount of deaths from that too. It is amazing how the 650,000 extra deaths from covid were offset so well by the negative amount of deaths from other causes that there was no overall excess for 2020. 2021 hasn't finished yet so will have to leave that for now. It is also extremely lucky that the flu virtually disappeared the same year covid turned up or we'd have had to deal with both, and wouldn't the health services have been proper fucked then? That's almost as lucky as the vaccines preventing anyone dying in the summer when we are normally out of our minds with respiratory infections and deaths. And how lucky we are to have the boosters ready to go for the winter when the immaculate protection from the vaccine starts to wane and the people who took it go and die like they would have every winter anyway. And when the flu come back, the flu shot is just as effective. Not that we actually have a way to measure that or anything.

Can anyone tell me how we measure the effectiveness of the flu shot while we are here?

Taking the vaccine to break the chain of infection is also absolute bullshit because the vaccinated can still catch it and still spread it. They don't spread a milder version and even if the vaccines do exactly as advertised, it is the end user who will feel the benefit with "leaky" ones such as this. So the idea of vaccination to break the chain does not apply here. It would have if the vaccine prevented catching or spreading covid but that is clearly not the case at all. If anyone doesn't believe me go look it up.

And what Giggles said applies to the moral dilemma inherent in the situation.

This time it is different. It sure is.

NPR? Being a lefty outlet it is no wonder they would be doing all they can to promote the political compliance vaccine.

The folks taking the ivermectin and poisoning themselves are no worse off than the people who took the vaccines in terms of blind faith and willing participation. Letting your political leanings get in the way a bit there. You want IVM to fail because you've thrown in your lot with the vaccine and will do all you can to rubbish the alternatives such as HCQ and IVM to validate your decision to take the vaccine and fit into the social ideology that you aspire to. I hope it works but there's actually fuck all to prove it as of yet.

I wouldn't take the IVM, the vaccines or the Niacin or the HCQ as it stands because none of them have been proved to work. None of them beyond shit trials that tell us fuck all.

Here's what I've been trying: Nothing. Going on as normal and so far 100% efficacy vs covid over a longer length of time than since the first trial of the vaccines began.

Vaccine hesitant????? That is like saying a woman is dick hesitant because she doesn't want you to stick yours in her.

CNN? FOX? Is that the argument? Ye must be joking. The world is a joke now the way it's gone.

There is so much made-up stuff in there. But take the most egregious claim: excess deaths in the US for 2020 hit a peak in April at 42%, then floated between 15 and 30% before hitting another peak at 52% in January:
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/excess-mortality-p-scores?country=~USA

And back to the thing about COVID tests explaining it all? In previous years, most seasonal excess deaths were attributed to flu... and it still never came close!

I'm not so much defending Fox as pointing out that they have published the FDA's opinion on the matter.

I just love Tucker Carlsen, I have no interest in anything else they, CNN or whomever say, I'm an Irish Examiner man me self :)

Quote from: astfgyl on August 27, 2021, 09:50:12 PM
It is also extremely lucky that the flu virtually disappeared the same year covid turned up or we'd have had to deal with both, and wouldn't the health services have been proper fucked then?
Not really lucky, the whole place was in lockdown so there wouldn't have been as much of a spread, coupled with their being a much higher take up of the flu shot last year

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/08/29/texas-man-who-worked-against-covid-measures-dies-from-virus/

QuoteA man who led efforts in his Central Texas community against mask-wearing and other preventative measures during the coronavirus pandemic has died from COVID-19, one month after being admitted to the emergency room.

Caleb Wallace died on Saturday, his wife Jessica Wallace said on a GoFundMe page where she had been posting updates on his condition, the San Angelo Standard-Times reported Saturday. He was 30 years old and a father of three children. His wife is pregnant with their fourth child.
Jessica Wallace told the newspaper her husband began experiencing COVID-19 symptoms on July 26 but refused to get tested or go to the hospital. He instead took high doses of Vitamin C, zinc, aspirin and ivermectin, an anti-parasitic medicine that officials have urged people not to take for COVID-19.

Caleb Wallace was taken to an emergency room on July 30 and since Aug. 8, he had been unconscious and on a ventilator.

Texas is up to a rolling 7-day average of 200+ deaths per day, most likely still set to increase given the magnitude in the surge of cases that's trailing behind (notice the very typical time-delay in Caleb Wallace's case between hospital admission and death - one month):
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/texas/

If the testing for flu was done the same as testing for covid we would be up to the same amount of deaths from that too. It is amazing how the 650,000 extra deaths from covid were offset so well by the negative amount of deaths from other causes that there was no overall excess for 2020. 2021 hasn't finished yet so will have to leave that for now. It is also extremely lucky that the flu virtually disappeared the same year covid turned up or we'd have had to deal with both, and wouldn't the health services have been proper fucked then? That's almost as lucky as the vaccines preventing anyone dying in the summer when we are normally out of our minds with respiratory infections and deaths. And how lucky we are to have the boosters ready to go for the winter when the immaculate protection from the vaccine starts to wane and the people who took it go and die like they would have every winter anyway. And when the flu come back, the flu shot is just as effective. Not that we actually have a way to measure that or anything.

Can anyone tell me how we measure the effectiveness of the flu shot while we are here?

Taking the vaccine to break the chain of infection is also absolute bullshit because the vaccinated can still catch it and still spread it. They don't spread a milder version and even if the vaccines do exactly as advertised, it is the end user who will feel the benefit with "leaky" ones such as this. So the idea of vaccination to break the chain does not apply here. It would have if the vaccine prevented catching or spreading covid but that is clearly not the case at all. If anyone doesn't believe me go look it up.

NPR? Being a lefty outlet it is no wonder they would be doing all they can to promote the political compliance vaccine.

The folks taking the ivermectin and poisoning themselves are no worse off than the people who took the vaccines in terms of blind faith and willing participation. Letting your political leanings get in the way a bit there. You want IVM to fail because you've thrown in your lot with the vaccine and will do all you can to rubbish the alternatives such as HCQ and IVM to validate your decision to take the vaccine and fit into the social ideology that you aspire to. I hope it works but there's actually fuck all to prove it as of yet.

I wouldn't take the IVM, the vaccines or the Niacin or the HCQ as it stands because none of them have been proved to work. None of them beyond shit trials that tell us fuck all.

Here's what I've been trying: Nothing. Going on as normal and so far 100% efficacy vs covid over a longer length of time than since the first trial of the vaccines began.

Vaccine hesitant????? That is like saying a woman is dick hesitant because she doesn't want you to stick yours in her.

CNN? FOX? Is that the argument? Ye must be joking. The world is a joke now the way it's gone.

Wow, an absolute shitshow of a post. You've lost the plot man.

You're flailing around here swiping at various disparate bits and bobs to try and........... what I don't know.........uncover some plot?

There's three elements here you seem to be asserting.
1. Covid is a hoax and not responsible or capable of being responsible for excess deaths.
2. The vaccines are experimental and possibly have some nefarious element to them. Also vaccines don't work anyway as the idea they break the chain of infection is " absolute bullshit."
3. Big Pharma/WEF is orchestrating it all, NWO, evil scientist, Bond villain style.

The amount of stuff you post on here, links and youtube videos etc that you've 'researched' , (I don't read/watch any of them as I've a family and a job-i think you do too-where do you get the time?) suggests to me that you've tied yourself up in knots over the last 18 months of this thing and ended up with that 1,2,3 of 21st century delusional fantasy. When the reality is actually staring you in the face and not near as exciting as you imagine it to be.

Quote from: Grim Reality on August 29, 2021, 10:12:18 PM

Wow, an absolute shitshow of a post. You've lost the plot man.

You're flailing around here swiping at various disparate bits and bobs to try and........... what I don't know.........uncover some plot?

There's three elements here you seem to be asserting.
1. Covid is a hoax and not responsible or capable of being responsible for excess deaths.
2. The vaccines are experimental and possibly have some nefarious element to them. Also vaccines don't work anyway as the idea they break the chain of infection is " absolute bullshit."
3. Big Pharma/WEF is orchestrating it all, NWO, evil scientist, Bond villain style.

The amount of stuff you post on here, links and youtube videos etc that you've 'researched' , (I don't read/watch any of them as I've a family and a job-i think you do too-where do you get the time?) suggests to me that you've tied yourself up in knots over the last 18 months of this thing and ended up with that 1,2,3 of 21st century delusional fantasy. When the reality is actually staring you in the face and not near as exciting as you imagine it to be.

1. Didn't say covid was a hoax. Am saying it is overblown beyond anything imaginable and done on a worldwide scale. That isn't exciting, it's a bad outcome.
2. These vaccines are experimental. I have said many times that they are not designed to do anything bad to anyone. Find the time where I didn't say that. What I am saying is that the people taking them aren't as much smarter than the people eating the fish tank cleaner as they think they are. Same for IVM same for HCQ same for whatever else. Refute the claim. The vaccines are not designed to prevent transmission and only mitigate severe disease. If you think any different you are misinformed.
3. Have also said many times that it is a pandemic of opportunism. There are so many ways that this is going to make massive profits for few and massive losses for many that it will be making everyone's head spin for years to come. Call me out on that when it doesn't happen. Pharmaceutical companies care about you the same way I care about the feelings of the air I'm consuming. Maybe less.

The youtube video I posted regarding the 70's swine flu thing. How are things different now? Same oul bollix over and over. Profit and loss, problem reaction solution. You can see it as well as I can.
Quote(I don't read/watch any of them as I've a family and a job-i think you do too-where do you get the time?)
So you don't read or watch any of them but somehow feel in a position to comment on them. Right so. You're living as much of a delusional fantasy as anything you might think I am so by that logic. You are living the reality you choose to live just like everybody else.

So thanks for the review of my post. I thought your reply was going ok until the "absolute shitshow" of a twist at the end where you took on all the things I've said without looking at them.

The whole thing is an ideology. I'm done with it and whoever likes can drink whatever fish tank cleaner or eat whatever horse paste they want or take the scheduled 15 injections they want and whoever wants can run up and down the streets roaring about freedom against them. I don't give a fuck. It's a load of shite from all angles and I am going to leave it at that. Some of you will eventually see it and more of you won't and it will be easier next time.

ISIS-K - The New Variant of Terror!! My bollix every single time.

Quote from: astfgyl on August 30, 2021, 11:52:18 PM

ISIS-K - The New Variant of Terror!! My bollix every single time.

So Egypt's been dealing with the Nile Delta variant?

It's over now anyway, restrictions going in the next month and a half, mostly, the remainder won't see spring next year.

Importantly, and forum related:  GIGS GIGS GIGS GIGS GIGS

I'm not so sure about that. Surely there's going to be a big surge in cases now that the kids are back in school, and then colleges reopening a couple of weeks later?

#3269 September 01, 2021, 11:43:57 PM Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 11:46:36 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Joe Rogan COVID positive and taking his dewormer  :abbath:
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CTSsA8wAR2-/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet