Gript did some write up on it today, having gotten statements from NewsTalk I think. It's behind a paywall though.

McGuirk posted that Newstalk told
him Connolly was undercover for his documentary. Pretty much what you would expect from them and it still doesn't explain why he showed up masked trying to antagonise the people protesting. 

The turning up masked up is not an easy one to wriggle out of but I suppose he'll have to give it a go at least

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 16, 2024, 12:07:56 AMSome trying to get McGuirk kicked out of Gript. I think..?
https://twitter.com/wethepeopleeire/status/1779943298464903430

Tis all or nothing with the lads really. They should all just go back to rte and the Irish Times and drive themselves mad altogether. He's sticking to his story that outsiders were causing trouble the other night anyway so I don't get the problem. It's in the locals favour the way he pointed that out.

Anyway, back to pc gone mad, I came across this amusing little nugget and thought it would fit in this thread

https://www.spiked-online.com/2024/04/12/why-was-an-afghan-flasher-granted-asylum/

#5930 April 18, 2024, 07:47:28 PM Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 07:56:34 PM by astfgyl
I see Gript have offered the big story about the referendum to any news outlet who wishes to publish it and will furnish them with the documents and all. Not a lot of interest so far....

Edit: it will also be interesting to see if the lack of interest from the larger media outlets will be perceived as there being no story to tell and that being how one side writes off the fact that the government and pals in media actively tried to deceive the public over the potential consequences of the yes vote.

Conversely, if it is a nothing story thus the lack of interest, the other side will see it as further confirmation that the government and media are working to a common narrative, even if it is actually due to a non story.

https://youtu.be/fxfCRwcIlmc?si=EtGAoU6p1Bv8e3AS

It's crazy that something like this can just be passed and the people of the country have no say in it.

That ICHR yoke is a total front, got sweet fuck all to do with "human rights" in the sense anyone typically means that, the name chosen for pure dramatic effect when it was launched as an antivax lobby group during the pandemic. I would be interested in hearing criticism from a more credible source than this one-woman show though, as there are definite changes coming at the EU level.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 19, 2024, 11:54:45 AMThat ICHR yoke is a total front, got sweet fuck all to do with "human rights" in the sense anyone typically means that, the name chosen for pure dramatic effect when it was launched as an antivax lobby group during the pandemic. I would be interested in hearing criticism from a more credible source than this one-woman show though, as there are definite changes coming at the EU level.

I was fairly sure the ICHR thing was pro vaccine. Must be mixing them up with something else.

No surprise: having people mix them up with well-established pre-existing bodies was certainly intentional when yer wan was naming her little outfit. There was already an ICHR (Irish Centre for Human Rights) at University of Galway, as well as the IHREC (Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission).

Isn't yer wan the one that got all the donations to fight Covid regulations in the courts, but all the money is essentially unaccounted for and the donors were looking for their money back? I think she's the partner of the ranting raving lunatic Sad Soldier in Galway also.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 19, 2024, 02:09:14 PMNo surprise: having people mix them up with well-established pre-existing bodies was certainly intentional when yer wan was naming her little outfit. There was already an ICHR (Irish Centre for Human Rights) at University of Galway, as well as the IHREC (Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission).

Ahhh it's the IHREC I was thinking of

Quote from: astfgyl on April 19, 2024, 01:54:16 PM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 19, 2024, 11:54:45 AMThat ICHR yoke is a total front, got sweet fuck all to do with "human rights" in the sense anyone typically means that, the name chosen for pure dramatic effect when it was launched as an antivax lobby group during the pandemic. I would be interested in hearing criticism from a more credible source than this one-woman show though, as there are definite changes coming at the EU level.

I was fairly sure the ICHR thing was pro vaccine. Must be mixing them up with something else.
Tracy O'Mahoney is as far from pro vaccine as Deicide are from disco music

But she is sitting at a desk and wearing a suite with a calendar block and a little model harp.
So official and authorative looking I must believe everything that she tells me.
You might as well let Ann Widdecombe and Nigel Farage tell you what to think.
The irony of so called free thinkers who consider themselves unfoolable yet believe any old crap that they are told.
The sort of people who are so unable to think for themselves they need to join a cult.