Bernie/Bonnie Spofforth (same woman from story above) arrested for role in spreading/plausibly starting misinformation:
https://metro.co.uk/2024/08/08/woman-first-shared-fake-southport-suspect-rumour-sparked-riots-arrested-21389346/

Spofforth had previously been banned from Twitter during the pandemic for spreading misinformation.

Rounding up dissidents for online misinformation. Somebody is the arbiter of what is misinformation.

What could possibly go wrong?

Hawwww Heeeee Hawwwww Heeeeee Hawwwwwww

Reality is the arbiter of what is misinformation. For example, the reality that the murderer was a Christian born in Cardiff rather than a Muslim who arrived on a boat. The relevant reality isn't always accessible, but that doesn't mean it never is. Hope this helps.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 08, 2024, 11:11:06 PMReality is the arbiter of what is misinformation. For example, the reality that the murderer was a Christian born in Cardiff rather than a Muslim who arrived on a boat. The relevant reality isn't always accessible, but that doesn't mean it never is. Hope this helps.

I actually don't believe you don't see the slippery slope. I just can't imagine anybody wanting this under any circumstances. Even during the covid lark I never wanted any of the scaremongers silenced, I just wanted to call them out on repeat but it was still up to people what they thought.

I'm genuinely shocked at anyone who can't see the curveball being thrown here. You only like it because your misinformation is not the misinformation of today. But you will get your turn I guarantee it. I don't wish it on you.

What kind of responsibility do you believe the print or televised media should be held to when it comes to putting the safety of specific individuals or groups in immediate danger via fabricated facts?

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 08, 2024, 11:54:52 PMWhat kind of responsibility do you believe the print or televised media should be held to when it comes to putting the safety of specific individuals or groups in immediate danger via fabricated facts?

Honestly, I'll have to take a few minutes to answer that one and I'm only on my lunch but it has given me pause for thought

Leeds:

Sameer Ali, 21, sentenced to 20 months in prison for participation in Leeds riots.
Adnan Ghafoor, 31, sentenced to two and a half years for participation in Leeds riots.

You might not think it by their names, but if you judge by these sentences plus the rigorously documented two-tiered justice system in the UK, it's obvious that these two lads are EDL members having the book unfairly thrown at them.

Flaming wheelie bin bint Stacey Vint (!) seemingly also got 20 months. Prisons going to be bursting at the seams at this rate. Should get them all doing community service together instead!

It was pointed out that maybe the quick prosecutions might have quelled some of the rioting planned for the last night. 🤔

I don't think there was anything planned and the whole thing seems to be a 4chan joke about all the protests.

Also not buying the lack of a two tier system. There is a narrative to uphold and it will be upheld as seen from the police videos nearly kneeling to the community leaders.

I was sitting in an office today with a Muslim woman from Birmingham for about an hour and of course it came up about England when she said where she was from and she maintains it's just a load of shite that'll soon blow over and her and the kids haven't seen any of that lark at all other than in the papers.

Thought that was quite interesting actually. And she was really good looking as well so I was really paying attention for a change. I'm glad we're far away from that shit in England here, I really am, but I can see the slow creep unless something is done very quickly by the government around immigration policy, and that could include the sober fact that we need the lads to pay our pensions because the heart has been ripped out of the 20-35 bracket here. That might be worth admitting rather than insisting we are trying to be good people or any of that old shite when it comes to taking the cheap workers

Quote from: astfgyl on August 09, 2024, 01:55:05 PM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 08, 2024, 11:54:52 PMWhat kind of responsibility do you believe the print or televised media should be held to when it comes to putting the safety of specific individuals or groups in immediate danger via fabricated facts?

Honestly, I'll have to take a few minutes to answer that one and I'm only on my lunch but it has given me pause for thought

I think the publisher can only be held responsible when they act as editor before the reporters print the stories

The rounding up of dissidents has begun.

All of you who championed this lark need to have a long hard look at yourselves.

I wouldn't even be up for censoring isis beheading videos while at the same time I've never watched one because i have the free will to do so or not.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Detainment camps in the Falkland Islands with COVID jabs to the bollocks twice a week, it's just around the corner, I can see it now.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 09, 2024, 07:21:46 PMDetainment camps in the Falkland Islands with COVID jabs to the bollocks twice a week, it's just around the corner, I can see it now.

The best satire is very close to reality.

Bet you gave up on the boosters all the same....

I wrote that as absurd humour. If it's good satire to you, that's because you have an absurd sense of reality. QED.