Real message eire? Really?

https://m.sundayworld.com/crime/courts/face-of-man-accused-of-wielding-knife-in-front-of-terrified-school-kids-at-parnell-square/a1084596519.html

Social media is one thing, actual media is quite another. When it was the Algerian lad it was apparently irresponsible to say where he came from. This chap however has his face instantly in the papers.

Can't think why

Quote from: astfgyl on May 30, 2024, 04:27:33 AMReal message eire? Really?

https://m.sundayworld.com/crime/courts/face-of-man-accused-of-wielding-knife-in-front-of-terrified-school-kids-at-parnell-square/a1084596519.html

Social media is one thing, actual media is quite another. When it was the Algerian lad it was apparently irresponsible to say where he came from. This chap however has his face instantly in the papers.

Can't think why

Nice to know the Minister For Justice didn't bother reopening that Garda station at the bottom of O'Connell St or have more Garda on street patrols as a priority.

Quote from: astfgyl on May 30, 2024, 04:27:33 AMReal message eire? Really?

Yes really, because it was these mooks and their dope cronies who were spreading all over social media that he was foreign, even after it was revealed he wasn't. So perhaps, as Pete suggested, in order to avoid another possible riot or who knows what from the head the ball IrelandIsFull crew, it was put out heavily that he was very Irish.

- Another one of McEntee's unvetted male foreigners here threatening kids! Enough is enough!
- The man is not believed to be foreign.
- They're lying that he's Irish! Fake news!!!
- "Police say the man arrested is Irish"
- Oh look, mainstream fake media very quick to say when it's an Irish man! Funny that!!!

Like, at a certain point, just absolutely fuck the fuck off.

The Irish media would be foaming at the mouth at the thoughts of a riot breaking out. As long as it helps the cause another George Nkencho style riot wouldn't be good for business.

Quote from: mickO))) on May 30, 2024, 12:12:55 PMThe Irish media would be foaming at the mouth at the thoughts of a riot breaking out.

That logic would merely make their actual publishing of his Irish identity all the more sensible, since what you're suggesting is that they'd have loved it if the IrelandIsFull crowd had been left with an excuse to go off on yet another bender, yet they took that excuse away from them.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on May 30, 2024, 12:23:07 PM
Quote from: mickO))) on May 30, 2024, 12:12:55 PMThe Irish media would be foaming at the mouth at the thoughts of a riot breaking out.

That logic would merely make their actual publishing of his Irish identity all the more sensible, since what you're suggesting is that they'd have loved it if the IrelandIsFull crowd had been left with an excuse to go off on yet another bender, yet they took that excuse away from them.

If you believe the reason you suggested for them reporting it in the way they did then yes you could look at like this but not everyone believes that this is why that fellas face was plastered all over every Irish news site.

Riots didn't break out when the Romanian lad tried to snatch a child from outside a house in Sheriff Street a few weeks ago so I don't see why anyone would think a riot would break out had the lad yesterday not have been Irish since he was stopped before he was able to cause any physical to harm to anyone.

I've no idea why they actually reported it, whether it was info they gleaned from somewhere independent or whether the gardai asked them to report it or what. All I'm saying is the takes of the usual heads on social media initially blasting out the fabrication that he was foreign and then also having the gall to make a whole hoo-ha when "MSM fake news media!" report that he's Irish... it's fucking exhausting levels of belligerent thick-headedness.

The million twitter videos of drunk Germans singing that Ausländer Raus everywhere is amazing, and the reaction to it is even funnier. Top of the download charts :)

'Planted by right wing actors into the metaverse' I read there earlier 😂

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on May 30, 2024, 12:50:49 PMI've no idea why they actually reported it, whether it was info they gleaned from somewhere independent or whether the gardai asked them to report it or what. All I'm saying is the takes of the usual heads on social media initially blasting out the fabrication that he was foreign and then also having the gall to make a whole hoo-ha when "MSM fake news media!" report that he's Irish... it's fucking exhausting levels of belligerent thick-headedness.

As exhausting as you find it, this shit only serves to galvanise the lads because whatever way you see it, the reporting is not impartial and there's a political bent to it. Doesn't matter if it's for right or wrong, it just is.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on May 31, 2024, 12:57:42 PMThe million twitter videos of drunk Germans singing that Ausländer Raus everywhere is amazing, and the reaction to it is even funnier. Top of the download charts :)

'Planted by right wing actors into the metaverse' I read there earlier 😂

It's actually really taking off! And I thought they were progressive lefties over there. I guess everyone has a point where it's gone too far

Quote from: astfgyl on May 31, 2024, 02:06:52 PMAs exhausting as you find it, this shit only serves to galvanise the lads because whatever way you see it, the reporting is not impartial and there's a political bent to it. Doesn't matter if it's for right or wrong, it just is.

If it's to avoid potential violence, arson attacks, what have you, then it does matter if it's for right: it's called being pragmatic. Something the #IrelandIsFull folk know nothing about, not even when it comes to their own operations. Sliver of a silver lining to a very dark cloud.