Quote from: Juggz on February 08, 2020, 06:22:01 PM
Well... you're the one who mentioned them so... care to explain why?  You invite comparisons and then whine like you've a sandy vag when people compare the two. Nobody mentioned Soulfly until you brought them up. You don't want people to mention them? Don't bring them up, ye dope.

Actually I said I would stab the first person that mentions them with a spoon because it seems impossible for people to talk about Sepultura without using the argument that they're better than Soulfly as a way of defending them. And sure enough someone did.

After you brought them into a thread, willing people to make the fucking comparison, which had no mention of them up to that point.

#33 February 10, 2020, 06:06:39 PM Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 06:08:50 PM by mickO)))
Quote from: leatherface on February 10, 2020, 01:35:03 PM
What I meant was that they were HUGE back then, and to be 'there' was exciting at the time. Didn't explain myself very well.

I think almost everyone that posts here has to be into some era of Sepultura. BM people love the first EP and LP, everybody loves the 2nd, 3rd and 4th LPs, some like the last 2 with Max and some are into the new stuff.

For me everything up to and including Arise is great. I have a soft spot for Chaos AD as it was my first ever Sepultura album. The Derrick era has some good tracks but also some bad ones and bad albums (Against, Nation). I use to love Roorback the song Apes of God I remember getting that CD for my birthday as a teenager as it was released 2 weeks beforehand. Here and there I have heard some good songs from the current band I remember the Dante album being good as well.

New song isolation sounds ok nothing special. They are playing with Crowbar next month so thinking about going as I haven't seen Crowbar live yet. The last time I saw Sepultura was 2015 I think they played in the Academy brought my mate who doesn't bother going to many metal gigs but loves Sepultura (the Max era) he was blown away he thought they were great live.

Just got the album yesterday. It's sounding fucking brilliant on first listen. Far more immediate than Machine Messiah.

A Marmite band.
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat

Time to bring this thread back from the netherworld.

So I'm looking at these remastered versions of the older albums. Tonnes of extra material. Anything I should be focussing on? Can't believe how good this band still sounds to my ears, even after decades of listening to them. Giving some of the newer stuff a blast too.

I never fail to be completely enthralled anytime I stick on the live in Barcelona vids. The sheer intensity is goosebumps stuff.

That's probably their high point for me. I still remember the buzz I felt when it came in the post from Sound Cellar, and I finally had a chance to sit and watch it.

I know they've released bits and pieces of it in dribs and drabs, as B-sides and bonus tracks on reissues, but has it ever been released in full? I have an audio rip that I downloaded a while ago but it's not the best.

Probably gonna get slated for this but I didnt like anything they put out after Arise and I think they're one of the most overrated bands in metal.

Quote from: Blackout on July 19, 2020, 10:07:27 PM
Probably gonna get slated for this but I didnt like anything they put out after Arise and I think they're one of the most overrated bands in metal.

The first part, at least, is one of the most commonly held views in the underground metal scene.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 19, 2020, 10:12:09 PM
Quote from: Blackout on July 19, 2020, 10:07:27 PM

The first part, at least, is one of the most commonly held views in the underground metal scene.

Had no idea. Surprisingly enough I dont.hang around with a lot of people who are into metal these days. 

Quote from: Born of Fire on July 19, 2020, 09:02:33 PM
I never fail to be completely enthralled anytime I stick on the live in Barcelona vids. The sheer intensity is goosebumps stuff.

I only made a CD of that gig for the car a few weeks ago and it's relentless. Better on video but still relentless on the CD

Watching a few live videos of Eloy Cassagrande... the dude hits like a freight train.

Unbelievable savagery in fairness