And the spoon is out.

How does Soulfly's shiteness validate Sepultura's output? This argument comes up time and time again and it makes no sense. It's a sad state of affairs if the best thing you can say about a band is that at least they're not as bad as another band.

If Max starts a Garth Brooks tribute act and plays every song on an elastic band stretched around a shoe box that's his business. It shouldn't be used as a point to defend Sepultura.

The question really should be why are Soulfly mentioned at all?

#18 February 08, 2020, 06:22:01 PM Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 06:46:42 PM by Juggz
Well... you're the one who mentioned them so... care to explain why?  You invite comparisons and then whine like you've a sandy vag when people compare the two. Nobody mentioned Soulfly until you brought them up. You don't want people to mention them? Don't bring them up, ye dope.

I had a listen to a bit of the first song earlier.  Not into it but is it just me or does the main riff sound a bit like they lifted 'Five Minutes Alone' and made it a little thrashier?

Actually,  I think it was 'I'm Broken' I was thinking of.

I can't say I hear a resemblance.

Sounded to me like a similar little descending run of notes.  Might have been my imagination.

After Arise I lost all interest in Sepultura, beneath the remains is a class album too, this current stuff is really not for me

Do people have a word document with the same response ready to go for every new Sepultura album release?? Jaysus

I get caught up in the "Sepultura were better with Max" thinking quite a lot but I always have to remind myself just how long ago that was.  While I will always love those early albums (you had to be there) I often hear newer era tracks that catch me off guard and make me realise that 1) 'new' Sepultura isn't that new and 2) some of it is just as good if not better than the old stuff. 

Quote from: leatherface on February 09, 2020, 10:56:51 PM
I get caught up in the "Sepultura were better with Max" thinking quite a lot but I always have to remind myself just how long ago that was.  While I will always love those early albums (you had to be there) I often hear newer era tracks that catch me off guard and make me realise that 1) 'new' Sepultura isn't that new and 2) some of it is just as good if not better than the old stuff.
You had to be there? I got into metal around 98, I'm fucking obsessed with early Sepultura. The last 3/4 albums have been unreal

Also got into metal in 1998... what an odd comment.

What I meant was that they were HUGE back then, and to be 'there' was exciting at the time. Didn't explain myself very well.

Quote from: leatherface on February 10, 2020, 01:35:03 PM
What I meant to say was that they were HUGE back then, and to be 'there' was exciting at the time. Didn't explain myself very well.