Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 08, 2024, 10:38:48 AM
Quote from: Snare on June 08, 2024, 10:33:26 AM:laugh: The joys of old age!

The Originals CD boxset of the first 3 Megadeth albums is cool in that the CD's are slipcases with inserts being replicas of the LP formats. Cool out but I'd probably be straining at this stage to read them! :D

Lying on the couch in your robe and slippers with a cup of tea, scrutinizing Megadeth lyrics with the lyric sheet blue tacked to the end of a long stick with a pair of binoculars gaffataped to your face guarantees a swift, one way trip to the cheapest nursing home your loved ones can find.

If you squint really hard on the original cassette inlay of Peace Sells..., just after "Something's comin' over me, what the fuck is this?" you can just make out the words "Old age."

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 08, 2024, 01:31:34 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 08, 2024, 10:38:48 AM
Quote from: Snare on June 08, 2024, 10:33:26 AM:laugh: The joys of old age!

The Originals CD boxset of the first 3 Megadeth albums is cool in that the CD's are slipcases with inserts being replicas of the LP formats. Cool out but I'd probably be straining at this stage to read them! :D

Lying on the couch in your robe and slippers with a cup of tea, scrutinizing Megadeth lyrics with the lyric sheet blue tacked to the end of a long stick with a pair of binoculars gaffataped to your face guarantees a swift, one way trip to the cheapest nursing home your loved ones can find.

If you squint really hard on the original cassette inlay of Peace Sells..., just after "Something's comin' over me, what the fuck is this?" you can just make out the words "Old age."

I honestly didn't know where you were going with that for a minute...

:laugh:
Ah man, I'm almost done with the hassle of reading lyrics these days, my eyes called time on that for sure. Having said that and with the mention of Floga ,I've just had Runemagick's second album reissue on and the lyrics printed on the inside of the gatefold are a charm to read. Go Floga.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Probably mentioned already, but big silly backprints on tshirts and hoodies. I've sold a good few shirts with silly backprints. Some were admidrunken purchases ha ha

I just saw a new review of Need to Control on Metal Archives... 30%

Having contrary opinions is fine to a point but I have to draw the line here. That deserves a punch in the balls.

I'd give it 50 or 60 at most myself. Some great stuff on it but some subpar stuff too. Extreme Conditions is their only top notch album for me.

Had a skim of it there and it's sadly like most user "reviews" - either the best thing to ever exist, or close to the worst. No nuance in between.

Sure there's two reviews on there that peg Reign in Blood at 45%.

Need to Control is close to 100% for me. The creativity and variety mixed with incredibly memorable yet wild and vicious music... sublime.

It's always been my favourite BT album too. I'd say a "modern" classic, but it's creeping up on its 30th birthday. 'Sake  :laugh:

BT were the first band I wrote to back in the day that actually took the time to write back so I'll always love and respect them for that, but unfortunately ECDER is the only one of theirs that clicked. The more they became stoners, the less listenable they became to me.

NTC is an odd one, very inconsistent IMO - but maybe that's the variety McLove mentioned just missing the mark with me - but it does have one of my favourite BT songs/riffs in Choice Of A New Generation. The production's a bit thinner, I think Richardson just mixed as opposed to recording/engineering.

Another thing: the first time I heard it, a mate had loaned me the vinyl boxset with all the different sized records and it was just a fucking pain playing it. All of the songs are out of order to fit the discs and there's a few different songs thrown in too. That probably biased me against it along the way.

The variety is what helps it for me TBH.

It's very much an album I enjoy as an album; insert disc, press play on track one, don't touch until it finishes. The out-of-whack running order sounds kinda shite.

Right, who's going to say something controversial about Brutal Truth so we can get an old school grind love-in going??

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 26, 2024, 01:26:50 PMRight, who's going to say something controversial about Brutal Truth so we can get an old school grind love-in going??

Rich Hoak looks weird as fuck playing drums!

(He's great though 😁)

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 26, 2024, 01:26:50 PMRight, who's going to say something controversial about Brutal Truth so we can get an old school grind love-in going??

Would saying I have never heard one second of their music be considered controversial enough?

Quote from: Anvil on July 26, 2024, 02:22:05 PM

Would saying I have never heard one second of their music be considered controversial enough?

Seems like a pretty good reason to start your own grind love-in with them!