I went to see Tori Amos play in Vicar Street in 2005. Was in the jacks and I was wearing a Nile t-shirt. There's another lad in there wearing a Slayer t-shirt.

He says "don't you hate when the bird drags you to see non-metal bands?". I says nope, I'm here to see Tori Amos play. He chirps back "thank fuck! I love her too but all the boys slag me about being into gay music like hers".

Fair enough lad.

I remember the aul lad wanting me to take down a few GnR and Maiden posters from the bedroom as they "bring a bad omen to the house". Thankfully nothing ever happened to the house or I would have been blamed to no end   :laugh:

Walking up the road as a teenager minding my business when some lad going by in a car, leans out the window and in the thickest Russian accent imaginable bellows "HEY DRACULA, FUCK YOUUUUU"

I was in town one day, aged about 18 or so, wearing an Maiden t-shirt and some knacker walks up to me, drums on my chest and (in a thick Sligo knacker accent) sings "I've got two tickets to Iron Maiden bbbaaabbbyyy".

Fucking hate Weatus, talentless oiks.

Quote from: Yolo Swaggins on January 12, 2020, 02:11:43 PM
Walking up the road as a teenager minding my business when some lad going by in a car, leans out the window and in the thickest Russian accent imaginable bellows "HEY DRACULA, FUCK YOUUUUU"
:laugh:  :laugh: ah lads!

When I left school I did a but of carpentry and I was working with the 2 biggest rednecks ever and they were asking me one day was I in some kind of cult cos I was wearing a Marilyn mansion t-shirt but the best bit was on the way home the boss said ya know Ollie your sound and all but you're an awful odd bollix.
Thanks haha.

In the early noughties and id been a metal head for years at this stage I must have in some half drunk conciliatory mood paid Justin Timberlakes output some compliment in terms of the sound/production /whatever and my sister seizes on it and I get the Justified cd for my next birthday present. Ehhh, nah.

Quote from: Yolo Swaggins on January 12, 2020, 02:11:43 PM

:laugh:

Quote from: Grim Reality on January 12, 2020, 10:21:22 PM
In the early noughties and id been a metal head for years at this stage I must have in some half drunk conciliatory mood paid Justin Timberlakes output some compliment in terms of the sound/production /whatever and my sister seizes on it and I get the Justified cd for my next birthday present. Ehhh, nah.

So close to being saved.  Next Christmas...

QuoteI must have in some half drunk conciliatory mood paid Justin Timberlakes output some compliment

This reminds me, it's the shock when people realise you're probably more musically open minded than most. the expectation is there that you listen to Autopsy 100% of the time.

If I had a euro for the amount of times I've been given the "Didn't think you'd be into that" line.

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on January 13, 2020, 07:07:40 AM
QuoteI must have in some half drunk conciliatory mood paid Justin Timberlakes output some compliment

This reminds me, it's the shock when people realise you're probably more musically open minded than most. the expectation is there that you listen to Autopsy 100% of the time.

If I had a euro for the amount of times I've been given the "Didn't think you'd be into that" line.

That's an interesting one because I know people (we'll call them the black metal brigade) who think you're not a metal head if you listen to the likes of oasis or whoever. Good music is good music like...

Used to wear my Isis hoodie, until a certain point in time. Two guesses why and the first doesn't count. Yeah, Daesh came to be known as ISIS in the west, but Isis was an Egyptian goddess first and language is mutable and so forth - cyclical argument. Didn't want to be seen as a terrorist sympathiser though, like some auld one narked at me.

I had two people come up real close to have a quare oul look at my Isis t-shirt at a gig... a metal gig... I was on the stage playing. They even took a pic of it.