Quote from: Pedrito on September 29, 2019, 09:57:10 PM
I'd say Janick's missus never gets a wink of sleep, him flipping her over his head and all sorts

Jesus, that's a horrible image!

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on September 29, 2019, 08:54:45 PM
Bruce is the frontman, and even though he covers a lot of ground he doesn't look half the twat Janick does.

That's because Bruce is only half the height of Janick.

Janick is ok. He's performing. I prefer when performers look like they're enjoying being there, playing music for a living, touring the world on the strength of their songs, than dour faced lads whose eyes never leave the neck of their guitar. Granted, he overdoes it a bit and there is a middle ground, yes, but give me that over the fucker who never moves or engages with their audience at all.

Besides, the kids who caught that guitar with their foreheads will have a great memory of the gig if the concussion hasn't robbed it from them already.

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on September 29, 2019, 05:14:02 PM
It's common knowledge his guitar is turned right down apart from when he's soloing.

LOL

Yeah if you believe that I have some magic beans that might interest you.

Watch the clip I linked. 4 minutes and he barely plays an audible note.

He's a holy show and Bruce is too. I'm not into that live show 'act', sprinting across the stage,
all exaggerated gesticulating, pure pantomime put on performing.

I met Janick once when he came into a shop I was working in where he lived in England. Dressed like an absolute goon. Double white denim and a frilly scarf kind of job. I knew Maiden were about to go off on tour so I said something to that effect and he replied with some bizarre comment about biting the heads off bats and gave me an odd 'evil metal guy' look. Pure weirdo.

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on September 30, 2019, 01:03:32 PM
Watch the clip I linked. 4 minutes and he barely plays an audible note.

By choice. In one song.

You said " It's common knowledge his guitar is turned right down apart from when he's soloing". Do you really believe that?

Dude he plays like that from the moment they come on stage. Yes, I do believe whilst acting the twat his guitar is turned down. As stated elsewhere it's only upped when he's soloing. You'd have to be a complete fanboy to think otherwise.

Here's another of about a billion available clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA_teBVwMPY

There's no audible difference between when he's "playing" or acting the gimp.

I'd refer to A Real Dead One from when it was just Gers and Murray.  Some really ropey sounding rhythm guitar playing on that.

Why do people want Rock Stars to look and act like some lad that works in Tescos? As much as he makes me cringe, I'd much rather him and Bruce bounding around than some lad just standing there keeping it humble and modest. It's Iron Maiden ffs they're meant to be larger than life and a bit twee, fey, camp and cheesy.

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on September 30, 2019, 02:12:53 PM
Dude he plays like that from the moment they come on stage. Yes, I do believe whilst acting the twat his guitar is turned down. As stated elsewhere it's only upped when he's soloing. You'd have to be a complete fanboy to think otherwise.

Here's another of about a billion available clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA_teBVwMPY

There's no audible difference between when he's "playing" or acting the gimp.

That's the same track

Quote from: DaveG on September 30, 2019, 02:45:55 PM
I'd refer to A Real Dead One from when it was just Gers and Murray.  Some really ropey sounding rhythm guitar playing on that.

Point is, you can hear it. It doesn't have the volume turned down.

I'm not arguing about whether Janick is good or not. I'm saying the idea that he's on stage and they have his guitar turned down is clearly nonsense.

#28 September 30, 2019, 03:34:12 PM Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 03:36:03 PM by StoutAndAle
Quote from: Cryptic Stench on September 29, 2019, 05:14:02 PM
It's common knowledge his guitar is turned right down...

Like Richey Edwards.

Janick Street Preach-Gers.

QuotePoint is, you can hear it. It doesn't have the volume turned down.

Fanboy