Surprised this hasn't happened before, his guitar went flying whilst he was doing his spazzing out routine

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/watch-janick-gerss-guitar-slip-out-of-his-hands-during-iron-maidens-san-antonio-concert/

What is it aside from a few tunes that keeps him in Maiden? His live act is completely distracting and at odds with the way the rest of the band perform.

I did laugh a serious amount at this but I've never actually been bothered by it at all I remember being 13 seeing maiden for the first time and thought janicks fucking around was deadly and added to the show

Adds what though? It's common knowledge his guitar is turned right down apart from when he's soloing. Other than that he seems to be employed to act the twat on stage.

I'm surprised to hear of someone enjoying his act. Anyone else a fan of it?

Steve Harris, by all accounts, and his is the only opinion which matters in Camp Maiden.

thats brilliant,he let it slip out of his hands and when he got it back he started swinging it around again lol

What you expect him to do, join in with the song?  :laugh:

He's an embarrassment. Just play the fucking guitar and stop acting like Jimi Fucking Hendrix.

Bruce Dickinson looks like as much of a cunt by your criteria,  lepping about doing high kicks in spandex  :laugh:

Bruce is the frontman, and even though he covers a lot of ground he doesn't look half the twat Janick does.

You can watch the whole clip but if anything pay particular attention to the section after 45 seconds

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjik3_8xFYA

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 29, 2019, 08:49:58 PM
Bruce Dickinson looks like as much of a cunt by your criteria,  lepping about doing high kicks in spandex  :laugh:
I wouldn't argue with that, but yeah, he's the frontman, it's his job to be the centre of attention. Plus, charisma gets you a long way.

I'm torn. I always found him difficult, even crimgeworthy, to watch but in a roundabout way he does something to make their stageshow look something more than just a bunch of lads rocking out. He adds a kind of by-gone age feel to what they do that sets them apart from the absolute bland and homogenous metal band look that exists today..everyone looking angry, either a Hetfield or Kerry King look to them, just look at any death metal band, if you weren't into metal you'd find it difficult to distinguish one band from another.

Dickinson fills a stage and Harris is excellent, Murray is a great guitarist but he's got a kind of transgender hooker/camp look to him that doesn't exactly scream leather and spikes. Nicko is a very good entertainer too and Smith whose soloing I adore is fairly bread and butter looking. So Gers in a really odd way, like Dickinson, reflects that bombastic, twee, over the topness that runs through the music. He's got a kind of power metal jester vibe to him.

All that said, I still can't stand watching him. It's a paradox of sorts. It shouldn't work but for some reason it works. A bit like seeing a beautiful female cousin, you know it's wrong but you can't look away either  :laugh:

Quote from: Pedrito on September 29, 2019, 09:45:07 PM
Murray is a great guitarist but he's got a kind of transgender hooker/camp look to him that doesn't exactly scream leather and spikes.

Would ye?

I'd say Janick's missus never gets a wink of sleep, him flipping her over his head and all sorts