#15 September 24, 2019, 01:10:17 PM Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:11:57 PM by northside hoop
Quote from: Floss on September 24, 2019, 11:20:05 AM
Quote from: northside hoop on September 23, 2019, 02:09:37 PM
New album is imminent, was recorded earlier this year

Really? I hadn't heard that at all - brilliant if so. I'd be amazed if they squashed a recording session in between legs of this tour. Awesome news if its true

Hasn't been any official comments regarding it, but they we're spotted all over Paris, as was Kevin Shirley, over the space of a few months earlier this year. Paris is where BNW and The Book of Souls were recorded.

EDIT: I see all that info was in your very next post!

Quote from: Floss on September 24, 2019, 11:29:12 AM
http://rockandrollgarage.com/iron-maiden-to-announce-new-album-in-the-coming-weeks/

Interesting!
Didn't realise Book of Souls is out four years already!

Still, bound to be the same tired chord progressions and overly long intros they've been doing since AMOLAD

So are they going to make out like its still the LOTB tour, sell out the venue and then announce it'll be a new album tour?

Quote from: paulioreillo on September 24, 2019, 01:34:28 PM
So are they going to make out like its still the LOTB tour, sell out the venue and then announce it'll be a new album tour?

Hope not, I can just about remember aces high from the last Belfast gig!!

I expect all will be revealed soon enough. I can't imagine them ignoring a new album if it's out by then. If it's not out by then I expect it will be very similar to the set they played on the other legs of the tour.

Yeah it will be the whole new album followed by fear of the dark, two minutes to midnight and hallowed be thy name.

Bit of a sly move on the lads behalf. They must know that people have gotten dead wide to every second tour being a whole new album shoved down your neck and by announcing the dates before the album release date they will get all of the poor unsuspecting people's money.

Disgraceful carry on.

Quote from: Blitzer666 on September 24, 2019, 01:54:02 PM

Hope not, I can just about remember aces high from the last Belfast gig!!

I'm exactly the same, was completely mangled that night!

Any predictions on who else is on the card? I'm guessing it's someone already on the download bill. Alestorm maybe?

[/quote]
Still, bound to be the same tired chord progressions and overly long intros they've been doing since AMOLAD
[/quote]

Yeah they have a formula and they know it well themselves - Shirley has often spoken about the long clean intros, the gallops, and the clean outro's  but hey, if a new album is half as good as the book of souls was it will be a dinger.  To be releasing such quality  this far into their career is amazing - not to mention Bruce's health during the recording of the BOS album where he sounds amazing... If the Belfast show is in support of a new album then thats a different kettle of fish - i  could be tempted, though its a long spin up from my part of the world...  They've always played 4, 5 or 6 new songs when touring a new alum (and rightly so) - with the expection of AMOLAD...  I wish Id seen them on that tour playing the full album - its a beauty... mind you, when it came out it passed me by for other reasons and I didnt rate it, but looking back I'd love to have seen it all played live...

Quote from: Nixer on September 24, 2019, 10:07:13 AM
Isn't Bruce Prickinson a big pro-Brexit head?

And???
Boss of wetherspoons is too, but it won't stop plenty of metallers getting their pre gig £2 pints!!
T**t.

QuoteAlestorm

I'd rather see Funeral for a Friend support again. Alestorm are a disease of a band.

Any word on ticket price for this? Belsonic usually cap all their ticket prices pretty low so fingers crossed this will be the same.

Quote from: Blitzer666 on September 25, 2019, 11:41:20 AM

And???
Boss of wetherspoons is too, but it won't stop plenty of metallers getting their pre gig £2 pints!!
T**t.

It would be a bit insensitive for him to run around waiving what is a big symbol of hate and oppression to millions of people all over the world in light of that ever more likely hard border now wouldn't it?

#28 September 25, 2019, 12:54:07 PM Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 01:13:33 PM by Blitzer666
Quote from: Nixer on September 25, 2019, 12:25:28 PM
Quote from: Blitzer666 on September 25, 2019, 11:41:20 AM

And???
T**t.

It would be a bit insensitive for him to run around waiving what is a big symbol of hate and oppression to millions of people all over the world in light of that ever more likely hard border now wouldn't it?

T**t

Big time metal bands are so riddled with dodgy bastards that it's mental to give a toss about Bruce Dickinson being a Brexiter or waving his own countries flag around during a bit of panto storytelling with the lyrics.

Nice blokes, Iron Maiden.