Quote from: Rocky on September 25, 2019, 12:04:13 PM
Any word on ticket price for this? Belsonic usually cap all their ticket prices pretty low so fingers crossed this will be the same.

£55 according to Ticketmaster

Then fees. Guessing be 60 at the end

My guess is that they have a new album done and these dates will be a slightly altered Legacy of the Beast set (like Phantom of the Opera in for Greater Good or somethin) with the new single thrown in. The new single will no doubt be a bit pish and totally unrepresentative of the album. They will probably play a few other European festivals and then release new album in Autumn 2020 with album tour starting Spring 2021.
No call for draggin this tour over 3 years though, especially when Nicko could turn to dust at any point.

Quote from: Jiblet on September 30, 2019, 03:29:35 PM
No call for draggin this tour over 3 years though, especially when Nicko could turn to dust at any point.

They seem genuinely thrilled with the reception Legacy of the Beast is getting. Especially in the US where they've gradually rebuilt their audience from just 3 dates in 2008 to a full tour in 2019. Australia, New Zealand and Japan will all want to bring this tour over, maybe South Africa, India, Indonesia, others too. New album ready but a lot of the world still wants LOTB. Literally presenting their legacy.

Quote from: heyjoe on September 30, 2019, 04:40:15 PM
Quote from: Jiblet on September 30, 2019, 03:29:35 PM

New album ready but a lot of the world still wants LOTB. Literally presenting their legacy.

Aye I take yer point, it would be strange not to take this tour everywhere but its also strange that they would willingly sit on a new album for nearly 2 years, assuming they will hit the countries you mentioned in 2020 and release the album in 2021. This also assumes that there is an album already recorded but many fingers point that way.
Im greedy, Ive seen the tour twice and just want them to get the fuckin finger out and release new music te fuck, Australia etc can suck my fat one.

Quoterelease new music te fuck,

Iron Maiden haven't released new music since 1988.

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on September 30, 2019, 10:44:10 PM

Horse shit, they had  some faux Mesoamerican pan pipes on the last album. Boundaries were well pushed.

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on September 30, 2019, 10:44:10 PM

1988? I'd say 1981.

Haven't been any use since Stratton left

Seriously though, does anyone get any value out of latterday Maiden records. I stuck Book of Souls on the other night, jesus it was painful - it became a test of endurance and stubborness to get to the end of it.

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on October 01, 2019, 09:05:44 AM
Seriously though, does anyone get any value out of latterday Maiden records. I stuck Book of Souls on the other night, jesus it was painful - it became a test of endurance and stubborness to get to the end of it.

I agree Stenchy but you know what the Maiden mongos are like

I really like Dance of Death, would still give it a listen every now and then. Other than that there's a lot of individual songs I like but not a full album.

I honestly reckon if they got an outside producer in who told them to quit the fucking meandering intros, trim down most of the songs to 4 or 5 minutes, took the power away from Steve Harris, they could still knock out something worthwhile

Quote from: Trev on October 01, 2019, 09:31:28 AM
I really like Dance of Death, would still give it a listen every now and then. Other than that there's a lot of individual songs I like but not a full album.

I honestly reckon if they got an outside producer in who told them to quit the fucking meandering intros, trim down most of the songs to 4 or 5 minutes, took the power away from Steve Harris, they could still knock out something worthwhile

Not without Dianno back in the fold they couldn't

Brave New World, Dance Of Death and The Final Frontier all get regular spins from me, all cracking albums IMO. AMOLAD'e appeal wore off pretty quickly, it just sounds awful, they really should have mastered it (looking forward to the remastered version landing, actually). The Book Of Souls is just too long, Empire Of The Clouds in particular (though I admire its ambition, rock operas can just fuck off). Both have good tracks though.