Quote from: Paul keohane on November 09, 2019, 03:50:49 PM
A 3.5 hour set from anyone is to much by about 2 hours!.

Nah, seen Rush in 2011 and they played about that, was perfect (including them starting the second part of the set by playing Moving Pictures start to finish).

Quote from: Ducky on November 10, 2019, 01:39:23 PM

Nah, seen Rush in 2011 and they played about that, was perfect (including them starting the second part of the set by playing Moving Pictures start to finish).
Jeez i dont know man!,id find it hard to hold my attention for that long even for my favourite bands,1.5 hours is more than enough imo.

Went to this 'cos Vogg is a mate and so it'd have been rude not to. I loved MH back in the day around the time of 'Burn My Eyes' but, wow, what a horrible band they've become....so much absolute garbage in that 1st set. Flynn needs to be told he's not in a hip hop band with his stage antics too.
www.dme-promotions.com
www.facebook.com/dmepromotions
www.instagram.com/dmepromotions
www.twitter.com/dmepromotions

No way man, savage value for your money!

Quote from: Giggles on November 11, 2019, 10:33:17 AM

No way man, savage value for your money!

Depends on the band. 3 and a half hours of machines head is about 3 and half hours too much of machine head for me.

Caught the Belfast show, arrived at the venue about 8:45-9pm - just in time to grab a drink & catch the last 2 songs of the first set (ten ton hammer & some new one)... Predictably poor. The BME show was phenomenal - was just in front of Mader for all of the show, perfect view of him & Kontos and barely looked at Flynn or the other fella - thoroughly enjoyed it. Could see that Mader & Kontos were genuinely having a good time!

Felt the whole "this us how you mosh/circle pit" 101 was a little cringe - remember when that shit was spontaneous and no coaxing was required?!

As for the 3 hour thing, yeah it's right for some bands & not for others - all about quality, depth & diversity of catalogue - honestly don't know how anyone could have sat through 3 hours of Machine Head, but 3 hours of Rush/Maiden/Megadeth/Black Sabbath would suit me rightly!

If the gig taught me anything, it was that Kontos was what made Machine Head so special back in the day...

Yeah it's all about what band really.

3.5 hours of Rush? Yes please. 3.5 hours of say, Pig Destroyer? Not so much.

2 hours max. Restlessness kicks in after that.

Quote from: Neuromancer on November 12, 2019, 12:44:53 PM

Felt the whole "this us how you mosh/circle pit" 101 was a little cringe - remember when that shit was spontaneous and no coaxing was required?!

Circle pits are fierce retarded anyway, "show us how fucking metal you are by going for a jog around the place"   :abbath:

Fuck it, now I wanna put on running gear and do that.

Jesus Christ, 3 hours like?! Burn My Eyes is just under an hour, they haven't enough decent material to justify that kind of set.

Quote from: Born of Fire on November 12, 2019, 06:21:49 PM

Circle pits are fierce retarded anyway, "show us how fucking metal you are by going for a jog around the place"   :abbath:

Indeed, as utterly moronice and cringeworty as that 'crowdkilling' kung fu bollocks. Not that moshing is any better, obviously.

I haven't listened to MH in years and like everyone else can't still Flynn but is this show worth going to? It's coming my way next year I loved Burn my eyes as a teenager which is the only reason I am considering going to it.

Quote from: Carnage on November 12, 2019, 08:27:46 PM
Quote from: Born of Fire on November 12, 2019, 06:21:49 PM

Indeed, as utterly moronice and cringeworty as that 'crowdkilling' kung fu bollocks. Not that moshing is any better, obviously.

Yep, we should all sit down , and clap our hands.
No headbanging either