Quote from: mickO))) on November 14, 2019, 08:49:13 PM
I haven't listened to MH in years and like everyone else can't still Flynn but is this show worth going to? It's coming my way next year I loved Burn my eyes as a teenager which is the only reason I am considering going to it.

Yep. Don't listen to the whingers. It was great fun.

Logan and Chris were fantastic. Robb wasn't as bad as he is being made out to be.

Unfortunately, it's just not 'cool' to like Flynn since he called out Anselmo.

Quote from: Lefttodie on November 15, 2019, 10:22:35 PM

Nah, people were calling him out on talking bollocks for years before the Anselmo thing

Quote from: Blitzer666 on November 15, 2019, 06:26:24 PM
Quote from: Carnage on November 12, 2019, 08:27:46 PM
Quote from: Born of Fire on November 12, 2019, 06:21:49 PM
Quote from: Neuromancer on November 12, 2019, 12:44:53 PM

Felt the whole "this us how you mosh/circle pit" 101 was a little cringe - remember when that shit was spontaneous and no coaxing was required?!

Circle pits are fierce retarded anyway, "show us how fucking metal you are by going for a jog around the place"   :abbath:

Indeed, as utterly moronice and cringeworty as that 'crowdkilling' kung fu bollocks. Not that moshing is any better, obviously.

Yep, we should all sit down , and clap our hands.
No headbanging either

Are you suggesting that headbanging (christ, just say that word out loud) isn't fucking retarded?

OK.

Quote from: Carnage on November 16, 2019, 03:30:33 AM

Are you suggesting that headbanging (christ, just say that word out loud) isn't fucking retarded?

OK.

Really don't get this attitude at all. I mean, I'm in my late thirties now so on the rare ocassion I do manage to get to a gig, you probably won't find me down the front giving it loads. However, with a feed of pints and if the mood takes me, I'll happily bang the old head for a bit. It's part of the music and has been for years. If you take any aspect of metal in isolation, you'll probably find it a bit retarded. Lads windmilling others out of it and throwing haymakers, yeah that's fucking retarded. Headbanging, absolutely OK.

Call it by its proper title, "extreme nodding" :abbath:

QuoteRobb wasn't as bad as he is being made out to be.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It was never cool to like Flynn but if we're to be generous he's been a dickhead since Burning Red

Good year recap on Robb's Instagram.  Solid 24 achievements documented for your reading pleasure. Mercifully he'll do a decade recap in a separate post.

Looking forward to this;

- Recorded a Robb Flynn & Friends solo album of covers

Going to see the Burn My Eyes tour now in a few hours never thought I would be at another Machine Head gig but here I am. Actually looking forward to it Burn My eyes was a big part of my teenage years. `Gonna try and head in just as the BME part starts. The last album I liked was the one with Imperium and over the last week I checked out some of the albums since then and they are so bad. Can't wait to hear none but my own always loved that song.

Last time I saw MH was the Belfast gig in 06 or 07? It was the black album that put me off them. My second ever gig was MH in the Ambassador in 2003 on Halloween night lying to my mother about going to a friends house because she wouldn't let me go to a gig in Dublin at that age.

Would have liked to hear Imperium, From this day and take my scars but can't sit through the rest of the bullshit.

Surprisingly I really enjoyed last night. Timed it perfectly got in just as they were setting up the stage for BME. I doubt I will ever be at a machine head gig again unless they do they tour The More Things Change in full which I can't see them doing.

Good stuff man, where is that ,the States?
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Was in Canada. Logan is playing in his home town right now so I would imagine he will get a great reception.