I'm in agreement with everyone who's in some kind of awe towards this album. It is a masterpiece, an absolute slab of genius.
Without question I think they are the greatest band ever to come from Ireland...by some distance. The only release that disappointed me was AMC, the rest are brilliant I reckon...but this one is a step above even the rest of their own catalogue.
It was a fucking crime that it was released on a label who did not give a toss about the band, such a waste. So, them being on Van Records now is great.
Frank Brennan will always be a focal point because he is, without question, the greatest voice to ever be associated with Irish rock or metal but Moore's tone, phrasing and lyrics are a work of art in their own right.
Genius band, genius album.

A Murderous Circus doesn't seem to get much love, but I do think the Apocalypse Machine is one of the bands finest moments.

The Crashing Wave is a ripper too.

Dust and a Murderous circus are the two go-to albums for me.

A new Mourning Beloveth album must be in the works by now.  Hopefully this year will be the year. 

Fingers crossed.

A Murderous Circus is close to my favourite album. I have it spinning on a semi regular basis. I absolutely love the dry sparse spacious sound. Huge parts of it are completely stripped back. Its raw, open, vulnerable, melancholic and wrathful. The guitar work is just sublime. The tone invokes some sort of feeling of triumphant despair.

It's a fucking belter of an album start to finish. The 20 minute 'Nothing' being a particular highlight.

Gonna get the red wine out and stick it on again tonight. Ugh!

#21 February 04, 2020, 10:39:29 AM Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 10:42:31 AM by Eoin McLove
Interesting.  Not many people seem to go for AMC. I think 'Rust and Bone' was a bit of an anti- climax after 'Formless'.  I absolutely love 'A Terrible Beauty is Born', and the two proper songs are solid if not extraordinary, but the two interludes are filler.  It seemed a bit rushed with the lack of artwork,  too.  I think they have something to prove with the next one as the last one was a bit of a dip in quality overall compared to their back catalogue.

And the blast beat part... I think I'm the only person who felt it didn't really add anything.  I think MB have managed to remain relevant by sticking to their guns so adding outside influences like that sort of dilutes their sound. I think they have better ideas to utilise.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 04, 2020, 10:39:29 AM
It seemed a bit rushed...
Never... EVER... expected to hear those particular words uttered in any regard when it comes to MB.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 30, 2020, 08:24:46 PM
A new Mourning Beloveth album must be in the works by now.  Hopefully this year will be the year.

This was posted about 2hrs ago on their FB page;

https://m.facebook.com/MourningBelovethBand/photos/a.591211824298641/2732788046807664/?type=3&source=48

Rust and Bone was I think a bit of an odds and sods record, more like an EP. Godether is fantastic but the rest including Terrible Beauty I no longer listen to. I like a Sullen Sulcus a lot too.

Just stuck in an order there. Good timing 'cos it'll ship with that new Sweven one so shared postage will cancel out a bit of the price!