Let's scrutinize thank you lists for people with questionable opinions/criminal records or all round shady behaviour.

Didn't David Vincent thank Hitler on "Blessed" but without actually mentioning his name? Something like "to a visionary leader whose name I not dare mention" or something like that.

Also is Rob Miller now like the Morrisey of Crust Punk? :laugh:

Was just thinking the same about Vincent. Inspiration for fuck sakes..you can be inspired by anything and not even agree with it. I'm just back from Ireland where it struck me how much of a nanny state the place is becoming..can't buy a beer past 10 o clock on a weeknight in a shop or off licence. Is it the modern agenda to infantilize everyone?

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on July 04, 2019, 10:27:33 AM
Let's scrutinize thank you lists for people with questionable opinions/criminal records or all round shady behaviour.

Actually the first thing I thought of while reading this thread was Crowley on the front cover of Sgt. Pepper's.

Crusties throwing tantrums  (and their Amebix records out) on Twitter.  Gold.
https://twitter.com/search?q=amebix&src=typd

Quote from: Bigmac on July 04, 2019, 08:31:01 AM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 03, 2019, 11:54:41 PM
The irony of this matter is that it has drawn loads of attention to a writer many people have never previously heard of and will probably cause them to read his book out of curiosity if nothing else.  And then,  of course,  they'll be Nazis  ::)

Exactly that. I'd never heard of him before, and I just ordered Tell the Truth and Shame the Devil to see what all the fuss is about.

I'd imagine all the fuss is just about him being pseudo-Jewish and an anti-Semite. I would imagine the book contains no original research, and if you've ever jumped into the holocaust denial rabbit hole for a look, it'll be just more of the same.

On a different note, this news has made me check out Tau Cross, and they sound pretty damn good, unsurprisingly given the members.

Quote from: Weltenfeind on July 04, 2019, 12:24:18 PM
"As my fiancé has an Amebix tattoo I regret to inform you that she is now cancelled"

Dear lawd....  ;D

Looks like The Baron is sticking to his guns and refusing to bow to ludicrous peer pressure.  Total respect.  There's at least one real punk left in the world it's good to see!

#23 July 04, 2019, 01:57:07 PM Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 02:04:44 PM by Pentagrimes
Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on July 04, 2019, 01:47:33 PM
Quote from: Weltenfeind on July 04, 2019, 12:24:18 PM
"As my fiancé has an Amebix tattoo I regret to inform you that she is now cancelled"

Dear lawd....  ;D

I can't imagine that was entirely serious.

Has he made a statement actually Andy?

Edit: Oh wow. Yeah. He's  definitely endorsing the book anyway.  Reading it again it's a very matter of fact statement but there's definitely an air of the Tin Foil hat about it.

From the description of the book on Goodreads as well, for context:

"The book consists of three sections. The first section concerns Adolf Hitler, his character and intentions, and the real causes leading up to the outbreak of WWII, including the actions of the real culprits and the rejection of the great lie.

The second section enlarges on the activities of the real culprits, provides a historical overview of their progress, their nature, their power over finance and the media
, and the methods by which they achieved it. It includes insights into Freemasonry, the European revolutions, the influence and control of education and foreign policy, the creation of the EU, the New World Order and the evolution of the plan through the same powers and their proxies, since the 17th century up to the present.
The third section concerns the First and Second World Wars (what the author refers to as "the Second Thirty Years War"), their conception, funding and inescapable continuity; current laws against freedom of expression, and the evolution of the Orwellian state; the importance of U.S. support for the Soviet Union throughout the Cold War, and Communism's significance in the plan; the true origins of the enemy; Palestine's occupation and its fate as an example of our common fate; plus much more."

I mean I guess we can all figure out who he might be referring to in those highlighted bits

Can't wait for the inevitable Bardo Methodology interview

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 04, 2019, 12:34:55 PM
Quote from: Bigmac on July 04, 2019, 08:31:01 AM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 03, 2019, 11:54:41 PM
The irony of this matter is that it has drawn loads of attention to a writer many people have never previously heard of and will probably cause them to read his book out of curiosity if nothing else.  And then,  of course,  they'll be Nazis  ::)

Exactly that. I'd never heard of him before, and I just ordered Tell the Truth and Shame the Devil to see what all the fuss is about.

I'd imagine all the fuss is just about him being pseudo-Jewish and an anti-Semite. I would imagine the book contains no original research, and if you've ever jumped into the holocaust denial rabbit hole for a look, it'll be just more of the same.

On a different note, this news has made me check out Tau Cross, and they sound pretty damn good, unsurprisingly given the members.

Yeah quite possibly, I'll find out once it arrives.

I was hoping to be able to nab the Tau Cross cds cheap on the classified pages - no luck yet.

Am I right in thinking he did some sort of ep with At The Gates recently too?Another band I'd not exactly associate with having tolerance for right wing/fash sympathisers. This is just plain odd.