Quote from: Blitzer666 on June 20, 2019, 12:28:36 PM
Quote from: Ducky on June 20, 2019, 09:22:19 AM
Quote from: Blitzer666 on June 19, 2019, 09:05:37 PM
Last 2 Anthrax albums have been much better than the last Metallica, slayer and megadeth albums.

Which is like saying "my last two shits are better than yours".

Have u listened to them or u just following the rest of the sheep?

My opinion is "they're shit" so I think that implies I've listened to them and think they're shit, does it not?

Calling people "sheep" because they don't like shit like Anthrax. I bet you have a goatee just like Scott Ian an' all.

Metallica
And Justice for All
Master of Puppets
Ride the Lightning
Kill Em All

Slayer
South of Heaven
Reign in Blood
Seasons in the Abyss
Show No Mercy

Megadave
Peace Sells
So Far So Good So What
Rust in Peace
Countdown

Anthrax
Spreading the Disease
Among the Living
State of Euphoria
Persistence of Time.

Quote from: Ducky on June 21, 2019, 03:16:19 AM
Quote from: Blitzer666 on June 20, 2019, 12:28:36 PM
Quote from: Ducky on June 20, 2019, 09:22:19 AM
Quote from: Blitzer666 on June 19, 2019, 09:05:37 PM
Last 2 Anthrax albums have been much better than the last Metallica, slayer and megadeth albums.

Which is like saying "my last two shits are better than yours".

Have u listened to them or u just following the rest of the sheep?

My opinion is "they're shit" so I think that implies I've listened to them and think they're shit, does it not?

Calling people "sheep" because they don't like shit like Anthrax. I bet you have a goatee just like Scott Ian an' all.

You've properly listened to their last 2 albums, even tho anthrax are shit!? U must have plenty of time on yer hands.  Tell yer ma I'll be round about 10, once u are tucked up in bed.

Metallica:

1) Ride The Lightning
2) ...And Justice For All
3) Load
4) Master Of Puppets

Slayer:

1) South Of Heaven
2) Show No Mercy
3) Seasons In The Abyss
4) Reign In Blood

Megadeth:

1) Youthanasia
2) KIMB
3) SFSGSW
4) Countdown

Never really got into Anthrax much.

#34 July 08, 2019, 10:38:14 PM Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 10:45:47 PM by Carnage
Not quite a top 4 of each, just the albums I can be bothered with in the order I rate them.

Metallica:
1. Ride The Lightning
2. Master Of Puppets
3. ...And Justice For All
4. Kill 'Em All

Slayer:
1. South Of Heaven
=2. Seasons In The Abyss
=2. Show No Mercy
4. Reign In Blood
5. Divine Intervention

Megadeth:
1. Rust In Peace
2. Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
3. So Far... So Good... So What?
Don't care after that.

Anthrax:
1. Persistence Of Time
2. Among The Living
3. Spreading The Disease
4. Worship Metal
5. State Of Euphoria
6. We've Come For You All

Top 4 of those would just be each band's number 1 above. I can't stand Hell Awaits, apart from the title track. Sloppily written, played and produced. Never a fan of Fistful Of Metal, and Killing Is My Business... is one of the worst things I've heard.

Reckon a best 4 from the combined top 4 is a way more interesting thread, otherwise it's just pointless, mainly predictable long lists. Also, are we still considering Anthrax 'Big 4' at this point?

Anyways, my list today (which would be completely different from my teenage list) would be:

1. Megadeth - Rust in Piece
2. Metallica - Ride the Lightning
3. Megadeth - Peace Sells
4. Suicidal Tendencies - self titled
4. Slayer - Reign in Blood

Am I the only one here who thinks Peace sells is shite??

Quote from: Bogmetaller on July 15, 2019, 04:32:58 PM
Am I the only one here who thinks Peace sells is shite??

It's a total classic start to finish, the riffs are cool, the solos from Poland and Mustaine are all amazing, there's thrashin'...c'mon man🤯

The cover song is dogshit. Apart from that it's a great album.

Must be just me so :laugh: like I couldn't put it anywhere near rust in peace - to me that is in the  top 5 metal albums ever!

Nah, not dogshit but there's only three, maybe four songs I'd ever listen to off it. Better than both albums released either side of it but not a patch on Rust in Peace

Holy Wars..the Punishment Due...pisses over any song written by the other top 3......

'Wake up Dead' by Megadeth is one of the best metal songs ever recorded, have never got sick of hearing it.

Quote from: The Heretic on July 15, 2019, 09:39:08 PM
Holy Wars..the Punishment Due...pisses over any song written by the other top 3......

I would nearly have to agree with you to be honest........

Like a load of folks already mentioned here was there ever really a big 4 surely it's always been a Big 3 and Anthrax not much more than an also ran..

If we're being really honest Slayer were also never the huge mass pull of Metallica and Megadeth certainly not in that big cross over out of Metal.

Still I'll give you my top 6

1 – Lightening
2- Justice
3- Puppets
4 – Rust in Peace
5 – Peace Sells
6 – Reign In Blood

Maybe or not controversial opinions..
Killing is my business and Kill 'Em All just haven't aged well at all, I'd take the John Bush Anthrax stuff over the Joey material. Do Slayer really have any more than a 2 disc best of material that's worth blasting, they're guilty of a very patchy output.