June 16, 2019, 04:25:24 PM Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 10:11:12 PM by Eoin McLove
"As weak fancy doomers hide behind loud amps and posh pedals and drown in a meaningless stew of wizard bongery, Bacterium arrive like a ragged fist in the face,  proudly launching their existential threat upon the creaky wavelength of the abyss to claim and demolish the throne of funeral doom death.  As it was.  As it is.  As it ever will be.  Doom."

Artwork and logo by Droll Meadow.

https://bacteriumdoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Ah yeah that's deadly.  Looking forward to hearing more.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 16, 2019, 04:25:24 PM
"As weak fancy doomers hide behind loud amps and posh pedals and drown in a meaningless stew of wizard bongery, Bacterium arrive like a ragged fist in the face,  proudly launching their existential threat upon the creaky wavelength of the abyss to claim and demolish the throne of funeral doom death.  As it was.  As it is.  As it ever will be.  Doom."

Music is sublime. Artwork an absolutely perfect match (great the way the border is cell-wall-like). But what's the above? Trying to instigate a doom-rap-battle? Should present yourselves as if into a void, not with critical reference to a scene you deem (largely correctly) to be irrelevant.

that sounds good but the production is way too murky for my liking.
who is doing the harsh vocals? they sound great.

Sounds deadly love the wonky murkiness of it. Looking forward to hearing more  :abbath:

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 16, 2019, 06:33:49 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 16, 2019, 04:25:24 PM

Music is sublime. Artwork an absolutely perfect match (great the way the border is cell-wall-like). But what's the above? Trying to instigate a doom-rap-battle? Should present yourselves as if into a void, not with critical reference to a scene you deem (largely correctly) to be irrelevant.
The doom scene is very saturated with these sort of bands so something like this in a press release at least sets it apart as different. impossible to find good new doom that isnt just stoner blues.

Quote from: Majun on June 17, 2019, 08:53:09 AM
The doom scene is very saturated with these sort of bands so something like this in a press release at least sets it apart as different. impossible to find good new doom that isnt just stoner blues.

It comes across as petty to me. In short, it's a self-description that would not endear me, personally, to check out a new band, and as an approach it's banal compared to the uniqueness of the music and aesthetic. Anyway, Andy won't mind me saying this; he's forever giving young bands image advice  :abbath: :abbath: :abbath:

It's definitely a very Andy press release I think we can all agree, haha! Seems to be a strict no gig/no interview policy too which is interesting. Total primitivism.

Deadly stuff altogether. Love the clangy, "coming from the other side of a church" drum production. Really digging the artwork too.

#9 June 17, 2019, 11:27:03 PM Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 11:32:54 PM by 04325613
Nice & lovley stuff. Will be picking it up. Also a fan of the press release.

#10 July 24, 2019, 08:53:51 PM Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 10:11:40 PM by Eoin McLove
There will be a vinyl edition released through Fuck Yoga and Heavenly Vault early next year.   No wimp will be spared.

For a second time the hammer of doom is hoisted aloft.  The enemy has been named...

https://bacteriumdoom.bandcamp.com/releases