They've finally announced a date for the Wish deluxe/remastered edition, it's been ready to go for years, by all accounts. Out in October:

https://thecure.lnk.to/Wish30

It'd mean a tight month, but a few tickets have gone back on sale for The Cure here in Bordeaux next week. I mean, it'll be class... right??

Man, I thought Malahide was exceptional so it should be unreal in the 3arena. Still have a source a ticket.

Okay, going to see The Cure on Monday. Deadly  :abbath:

Meself and the wife thinking of heading to this. What does anyone reckon are the chances of getting a ticket at a price that won't ruin us?

Quote from: astfgyl on November 08, 2022, 09:20:43 PMMeself and the wife thinking of heading to this. What does anyone reckon are the chances of getting a ticket at a price that won't ruin us?
Seems to be a good few going on toutless

Cheers man I'll get a squint at that there hopefully it's doable

Just back home there myself. Savage show, may say more tomorrow.

So, yeah, the guts of 2h45 they played, and really it was just exceptional. Smith's voice is pristine, it's not a voice that's aged, more a voice that sounds like he's spent the last 40 years perfecting it. First time seeing them, and I'm really only a fellow traveler rather than hardcore fan, so I was expecting to have an enjoyable evening, but it was so much better than I could have imagined it would be, and that despite them not playing If Only Tonight We Could Sleep, which would be my favourite tune by them. Its absence didn't take anything away from the show.

Cool. Looking forward to seeing them in a couple of weeks.

Did they have a support act? Long night if so, they have The Twilight Sad here, they sound a bit better than the name suggests.

Yeah, same support act here. Watched a bit, they weren't bad, but we spent most of their set sitting about in the foyer sipping beer since I'd been told The Cure would prob play a long set so wanted to save energy.

Wow nearly 3 hours my missus will be well chuffed,seeing them next week.

Just got a room across the road. Handy. Worth the few bob for 2 mins. door-to-door, T-shirt in November.

Unfortunately have done the sums and will likely never see these lads. Ah well, thank god the albums are spectacular.