Without having to read all the posts what's the story with this thing? Why is this fella getting so much negativity?
It seems like a logistical nightmare so I presume he must have experience and a fantastic team with him.

You want someone to read back through the thread and summarise it for you?  :laugh:

I'm not asking for the thread to be summarised. Im wondering what has made this fella the subject of such ridicule.

He is deluded,he thinks that he is saving the Irish metal scene.

Don't really see how selling 150 tix to a place than holds 300 would be 'saving the scene'

Quote from: Circlepit on February 06, 2020, 06:57:29 PM
I'm not asking for the thread to be summarised. Im wondering what has made this fella the subject of such ridicule.

Basically, the things you said you "presume" in your previous post?

Yeah, the opposite of that. There's a storied history.

Fair play to this lad for getting up off his hole and trying to organise some sort of festival. Why pull the piss out of him?
I am aware of how Phil responded to people on MetalIreland with the whole Phil fest thing. He kinda lost the run of himself there but he hasn't been doing that for Iron Mountain, has he?

Not at all apart from tearing into a band on the festival page calling them "shite" and asking why they applied to play his festival, except they had never actually applied. Which he then tried to cover up by claiming he was drunk.

And the only way to obtain a ticket (which has changed in price four or five times) initially being to privately email him then send him a postal order for an undisclosed (at the time) sum.

The lad is crazy, and I just hope that come the day of the event there aren't a load of people (band and punter alike) left stranded halfway up a mountain, out of pocket, wondering what the hell is going on

Quote from: spacedocker on February 09, 2020, 12:30:16 PM
Fair play to this lad for getting up off his hole and trying to organise some sort of festival. Why pull the piss out of him?
I am aware of how Phil responded to people on MetalIreland with the whole Phil fest thing. He kinda lost the run of himself there but he hasn't been doing that for Iron Mountain, has he?

Fair play to him indeed. And fair play to you for jumping to his defense with your first ever post on this forum!

stop now will ya. Have you seen his oprah interview with johnnie session and the two cans? He shat on MI and said they're just a bunch of lads that agree with eachother....then him and the other oaf both agreed with eachother on that point. He sells the event with the........its definitely happening this time except bigger and better angle with his head up his hole and nervous body language.  He has a chip on his shoulder but in this case its a bag of chips and their stale and soggy,just like this thing will be. I wonder will Peitrim and the family attend?!

Quote from: Giggles on February 09, 2020, 08:41:14 PM

Fair play to him indeed. And fair play to you for jumping to his defense with your first ever post on this forum!

Someone has to defend him. The festival seems like a good idea. I joined the forum just so I could give my opinion. I haven't watched the interview though. I'm assuming he's still bringing up shit about MetalIreland? If so, then he hasn't learned much.

There is an expectation he will fuck it up yet again, not the hope he will fuck it up yet again. I don't believe there is anyone here who actually wishes him to fail, but he tends to dig his heels in and take umbrage when people offer him good and well-intended advice. He embraces bad and/or unrealistic ideas and then blames all but himself when the event doesn't happen.

Send a postal order for a ticket to an event you're not given the address to? I mean, I put it to you. He conceded somewhat and finally set up a ticketing system but you still don't get the location of the event you're paying €70 for? For fuck sake. Surely you can see why there is such fascination and exasperation here, no?

He doesn't need to be defended, he just needs to listen to people who can help him and his event. Confidence in his ability to stage a successful event is low and, in such circumstances, you would expect he would be making information readily available that everything is in place for that to happen. Honestly, do you think that is the case this time?

Into the lions den I come...
First and foremost. Some of the things I have seen in here are just not true. I think I'm the savior of metal? Absurd!
There were others but I won't dwell on them as it's from people I have never met nor know personally so whatever.
I tried a big festival in 2013/14 and yes it was stupid upon reflection. I would call it naive and a learning experience. 
That was the only one. Not four as I saw in here. I think I would remember if I was...
I moved onto Burning Metal post 2015 for personal reasons and just focused on that over promotions.
I hit out at metal Ireland in 2014, but I was after losing thousands and a wounded animal. I took the advice regardless of what others think...
I found this venue last year. Two stages set up all year round and fully ready to go. A matter of plugging in basically and working with a man that has had events there for five years, so if this was what people on here are saying? Why is he happy to proceed? He has met most of the crew and meeting more this weekend.
I don't consider it delusional to have a event that has a 150 sell out. It's far more realistic than last time as I clearly learned a big event is not possible here.
It's a cool spot and BYOB, bands will be running from 4pm to 12pm on Friday with DJ's after and from 11am to 12pm on Saturday/Sunday so obvious bands are required. All of which will have access to a gear storage shed and a green room provided for them.
Yes, this was all considered!
The crew are professional and our production manager/site manager do music as a full time job. The production manager sorted a 60 strong crew for Slipknot last month for example.
People will say what they will say, but I wasn't going down this road again after 2013/14 as it left me a broken man.
I found the perfect location and have the experience from last time that has proven invaluable.
Promotional nights were done, podcast, radio and a massive promoted post weekly to reach new people. More coming...
I won't change opinions here, but I have everything right this time and know that people will leave with new friends after having a can/smoke beside a campfire and interacted all weekend. Something very different and all about a community and not a big festival.
We plan to make this annual and a cool little metal party.
Support us or not, this is what it is and we had an online reach of over 3000 today alone so I'm confident. It's just 150 tickets...
Anyway, I'm out now and have said my piece.
All the best! 

#254 February 11, 2020, 07:41:41 AM Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 07:50:16 AM by AndrewCooke
Well I'm sold.