Quote from: CaptainFlint on June 11, 2019, 12:06:48 PM

Also it seems they dropped The God That Failed from the setlist so they could but Whiskey in... would have much preferred the god that failed, one of the more under rated songs on the black album if you ask me!
Think it was one of the RDS gigs that they replaced Dyers Eve with Whiskey, absolutely sickened when I found out

Quote from: Trev on June 13, 2019, 12:54:05 PM
Quote from: CaptainFlint on June 11, 2019, 12:06:48 PM

Also it seems they dropped The God That Failed from the setlist so they could but Whiskey in... would have much preferred the god that failed, one of the more under rated songs on the black album if you ask me!
Think it was one of the RDS gigs that they replaced Dyers Eve with Whiskey, absolutely sickened when I found out

Ah here that's just plain painful  :laugh:

Don't think so. They were playing Dyers Eve in 09 but replaced it with Fight Fire for Dublin.

-edit-

You're right it was 2004. Fucking hell.

Anyone know what James' patches were?......especially the big back one?

Quote from: mk2glenn on June 13, 2019, 09:22:33 AM
A bit off topic, but how about this for a setlist. From Peru in 2014

Battery
Master of Puppets
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Disposable Heroes
The Unforgiven
Lords of Summer
...And Justice for All
The Four Horsemen
Whiplash
Orion
One
Ride the Lightning
Fight Fire With Fire
Fade to Black
Enter Sandman
Creeping Death
Hit the Lights
Seek & Destroy

Almost a perfect setlist - i'd swap Lords of Summer For Whom the Bell Tolls

Super. So I can relive how disappointing it was all over again.  :laugh:

I hope they have cut out Trujillo doing the wild rover.Am still waiting on an apology from 'the metallica family' for that muck.

Quote from: HeartWorm on March 27, 2020, 11:44:46 AM
I hope they have cut out Trujillo doing the wild rover.Am still waiting on an apology from 'the metallica family' for that muck.

Was at the Manchester gig at they did Stone Roses, brutal

The Wild Rover, was that their 'local jam'? Fucking hell, it's an old English folk song, how thick are they?

Quote from: Carnage on March 27, 2020, 06:52:21 PM
The Wild Rover, was that their 'local jam'? Fucking hell, it's an old English folk song, how thick are they?

Aye,it was horrific.It was one of the cringiest things I have ever seen at a gig but the Ole Ole Ole tricolour waving types lapped it up.

Just watching it now and they don't seem to want anything to do with each other. I know that's a massive stage but you normally see band members at least gesturing to each other one stage.

They're businessmen, not musicians at this stage. I imagine they all hate each other and are just there for the money.

Quote from: Carnage on March 29, 2020, 04:10:25 PM
I imagine they all hate each other and are just there for the money.

That's not because they're business men. That's because they're family.