Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 06, 2022, 12:15:37 PMYou're dead right, which is why I deleted my post. And so, I bow out.

Dont worry, i wont let you forget.
Quare action attacking somebody on a public forum as soon as they join/post just like good old MI days eh? This 'scene' will never change and thanks again for proving my point so emphatically.

#256 October 06, 2022, 12:34:47 PM Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 12:38:46 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
So... maybe we can get this pointless exchange deleted? Not exactly "welcoming". For what it's worth (and you can delete this too), I think the current forum is less elitist than MI ever was! When I read your post in Metal Pet Peeves I presumed you were talking about another forum, since nothing like you described has happened on MW, not that I can recall anyway.

Indeed Chris. And maybe we should get all your pointless exchanges deleted too. But that might take a few years  :laugh:

Good to see some old names here and looking forward to meeting the new, cheers all - Sie (Venus Sleeps)

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 06, 2022, 12:46:20 PMCT managed it in mere seconds!  :laugh:  :abbath:

Did anyone ever find out why he did it in the end? I think I might have asked that already but not sure and can't remember the answer. Heard a rumor he was trying to sell the name but dunno

Hello I'm RooDog and I'm a Metaloholic

I'd been lurking on here sporadically and then realised that I had actually missed the whole forum thing a fair bit, so registered with my old username.
Good to see some familiar folks already!

Alright Simon, was just wondering where you'd got to the other day! Welcome back lad
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Ah I didn't go too far ;)
Cheers mate! Good to see you're still knocking about!

Good to see you back in the game, Simon.

Oh so you all know Simon

The cabal never died

Greetings mortals,
I've been lurking since the sites inception really, I used to do the same shit back on MI. My username back on there was DannySatan. I Am a 38yo Irish bastard, live in Clondalkin with the wife & daughter, work as a paint mixer in a small company in Bluebell. Obsessed with metal as ever, along with Aleister Crowley, Star Trek & tits. Play bass guitar but I'm shit at it as I had my left arm/wrist smashed by a baseball bat in a fight so it fucking hurts to twist and bend my wrist, so that sucks. Just thought I'd finally join in & be a bit less of a weirdo. Cheers!

QuoteDid anyone ever find out why he did it in the end?

He started work with the BBC as an investigative journalist so it seemed to be a time thing mostly.

Now, speculation on my behalf but I reckon he grew tired of metal long before the demise of the site. Never said as much but got that impression from a few exchanges we had, he just wasn't on the pulse as he would've been during the sites heyday. For me it was evident in the fact that he farmed out a lot of the reviews/content in its last few years. That's not a dig, such is life, priorities change etc.

I think, speaking of the old site it'd be great to get a physical copy of the content(or at least some of it) kinda like what Ian Glaspar did with terrorizer.

Hello everyone! My name is Lucas Yoshiyuki, and I'm here to share a relaxed chat about music. I'm a Brazilian bassist and piano enthusiast, passionate about the world of rock and metal.
When it comes to music genres, Power Metal  holds a special place in my heart. The energy, exciting riffs, and epic lyrics of this style are a constant source of inspiration for me. The combination of captivating melodies and virtuosic performances in this genre truly fascinates me.
Currently, I have a PM band called Valk.
However, my passion for rock and metal extends beyond PM alone. I find inspiration in all the branches of these music genres. Classic rock, with its distinctive guitars and incredible solos, evokes a sense of nostalgia for me.
As a bassist, I admire and seek influences from great figures in the instrument. Steve Harris from Iron Maiden is one of my biggest idols. His ability to create powerful and melodic bass lines is truly inspiring. Additionally, I am also captivated by the techniques of bassists like Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers and Geddy Lee from Rush. They have a unique and innovative approach that pushes the boundaries of the instrument.
Speaking of the piano, this instrument captivates me in various ways. It allows me to explore melody and harmony in a more complete manner. I am fascinated by virtuoso pianists like Jordan Rudess from Dream Theater and Yanni, who combine technical proficiency with captivating emotional expression.
Apart from music, I am also a language enthusiast. I speak English, German, and have an interest in Japanese and French. This linguistic passion also influences my musical appreciation. Exploring music in different languages allows me to discover new artists and immerse myself in different musical cultures.
"Aquele que morre com mais brinquedos, não deixará de estar morto"