Longtime lurker of MI and here - registered a few months back so just posting to confirm I'm not a bot.

Probably don't have a lot to contribute as I haven't really been following the scene closely as I used to, but I appreciate the posts from the knowledgeable members that turn me on to new stuff.

Welcome aboard, the pair of ya. :abbath:
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Greetings,

Long time metalhead, found out about this forum from a Reddit post a few days ago.  Have been living in Ireland (Dublin) for 5 years, looking forward to meeting some more fine folks with excellent taste in music \,,/
I could do with a shot of rum right now.

Are you the lad from the Dublin Linux group?

Quote from: hellfire on September 19, 2022, 05:49:51 PMAre you the lad from the Dublin Linux group?

Yeah, that's me
I could do with a shot of rum right now.

Met and spoke to you once or twice. Welcome aboard.

Forever lurker. MI was always full of elitist pricks acting like self appointed scene gatekeepers - fine traditions gotta be kept up.

#247 October 06, 2022, 10:44:44 AM Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 10:50:56 AM by Eoin McLove
Edit. Nevermind...  :laugh:

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 06, 2022, 10:44:44 AMJesus you're a sour cunt. Two posts in, both crying about elitists. Fuck off back to the playground, you boring fuck.

Cheers boss. Good to see you still the same twat always were.
As far as i was aware the point of posting in 'Metal Pet Peeves' was about airing things that annoyed an individual? I didnt say it was related to this site, just a 'pet peeve' of mine generally - problem with that? Elitist prick protest too much i think x

:laugh:  OK man. Keep crying in the shadows. Good luck.

#250 October 06, 2022, 11:04:03 AM Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 11:24:47 AM by Despondent_Soul2 Reason: Addition
Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 06, 2022, 10:54:44 AM:laugh:  OK man. Keep crying in the shadows. Good luck.

Losing your touch fella - pretty poor retort that. No shadows for me, thats your domain.

And also, thanks for proving my point about scene gatekeepers! Jaysus you were on me quick!
Thou shalt not etc etc

#251 October 06, 2022, 12:00:56 PM Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 12:04:08 PM by Eoin McLove
The gatekeeper of a public forum... you're some man  :laugh:

Right, enough. I'm not getting into this ridiculous argument.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 06, 2022, 12:00:56 PMThe gatekeeper of a public forum... you're some man  :laugh:

As are you. A public forum indeed - so why be concerned and focus in on my two little posts so sharply? Why should it bother you what i post - i certainly dont know you/have never spoken with or had any dealings with you. I am a member of the public yes? Seemingly taking offence that i posted a 'peeve' in a 'pet peeves' thread is quare action lol!

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 06, 2022, 12:00:56 PMThe gatekeeper of a public forum... you're some man  :laugh:

Right, enough. I'm not getting into this ridiculous argument.

Fact is you started things by getting buttsore about two posts made by little ol me that had nothing to do with you........wonder why?

You're dead right, which is why I deleted my post. And so, I bow out.