It's great to see that the MI community never even remotely disappeared. Here's my long overdue intro for those interested:

- I'm a long time extreme metal fan, performer and producer based up in Belfast
- Primarily into everything metal-wise that doesn't sound very melodic so the black/death scene is basically my go-to in Ireland
- Always interested in new murky bands I can check out (or even better, ones I can see live)
- I play in Disconnect and used to run a funeral doom band called Abbotoir

Dublin and Belfast are my main places of operation when I'm not gigging, but hopefully I'll bump into some of you when current events subside!

I'm astounded that Micheál Leather never transitioned over to this site. Or did he? On the sly like...

Quote from: Caomhaoin on May 13, 2020, 10:40:26 AM
I'm astounded that Micheál Leather never transitioned over to this site. Or did he? On the sly like...
There's a good few regular heads from the old forum missing.  Dr. Gonzo, looking back at the fear thread.  Wonder if he even knows this place is here...

Jaysus yeah, Dr Gonzo. His stories were nuts. Dread Pirate Sid. But it's Mike who is most sorely missed. Also, Claire28. 'First rate show, mopping up sweat' indeed.

He was fucking Pleather if he didn't turn up for the sequel

How did we manage to have 772 online here at 2am on 23 January last? Seems a very peculiar time for such high numbers.

By the way delighted and grateful that we have this forum, thanks for keeping the show on the road hambeast 👍

Hello! I wanted to introduce myself - was a longtime lurker and occasional contributor to MI though live in Glasgow now. My buddy Stand-Up Paul suggested registering here, so it's good to reconnect.

I have posted details of new music, as Tend, on the Promotional board too.

All the best,
Philip

#202 July 06, 2020, 01:51:22 PM Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 09:25:00 PM by Nazgûl
Hi all!

Was a fairly regular poster on MI back in the day. To be honest I've been listening to so much wildly different types of music these past couple years that I haven't been keeping up with metal all too much. MI was pretty much my sole resource for finding new stuff, as I liked the community buzz to a forum as well as all of the off topic stuff.

It was only a week ago when I met up with a few mates in the gaf whom I hadn't seen in months -- one of them ('spiritcrusher' is his username here) told me that this new forum has existed for 2 odd years.

Had no idea. Deadly to see a few familiar users from MI too and some new versions of great threads that were there also.  :abbath:

Hey man, Nazgûl as in Brian Nazgûl? Good to see you pop up again!
#BlackRidersLivesMatter

#204 July 08, 2020, 03:27:42 PM Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 03:29:18 PM by Nazgûl
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 07, 2020, 11:41:01 PM
Hey man, Nazgûl as in Brian Nazgûl? Good to see you pop up again!

That's me alright man! Nice to be back. Now I can sit back once again and get all my underground metal delivered to me rather than having to go looking too hard. Where's Dr. Gonzo and his horror stories from the sesh though?  ;D Spent many an evening re-reading those threads in absolute knots.

I think the biggest improvement around here is support for the Abbath emoji. Behold...

:abbath: :abbath: :abbath:

Hi all--am new here, my user name is Fiona Black!! Hope I am at the right place here, trying to introduce myself to everyone....I hope to meet some interesting people here..I am from the USA, I am an American!! Hope you all have an awesome day!! --Cheers, Fiona 8-]]
---ain't skeerd---

#207 August 01, 2020, 04:20:38 PM Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 09:13:18 PM by durag
Dia daoibh a chairde,

I've been MIA on the metal scene for years and years was mad into the stuff when I was younger then lost in a sea of electronic, hip-hop and folk music. Only slowly finding meself drawn back.

Good to see this place so active, it always saddens me that Éire follows the UK so much with its musical trends and great bands (cough, primordial) don't get the recognition here that they deserve.

Hi all. Great to see this place up and running.  Mainly lurked and occasionally posted on the old site as Ironwolf. Looking forward to more laughs and new discoveries !

hiya there, one man dsbm band Foraoisí gan Iniúchadh here.
I am 15, a big black metal head, any sub genre of black metal, i fuck with.

i make dsbm, normal black metal and atmospheric black metal.
just look up Foraoisí gan Iniúchadh on any platform, and you'll find me.

thank you

Tomás.
Foraoisí gan Iniúchadh