Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on March 26, 2019, 03:03:38 PM
And for the love of Jaysus, who keeps booking these heavy bands in The Olympia? The acoustics in the venue are totally not suitable for metal bands. Everything sounds muffled, it's terrible.

Like what the fuck is wrong with the Academy for this gig for example? Every single metal gig Ive been to in the Olympia has been awful. Is the Olympia a bigger capacity than the Academy or something?

Yes. It's the middle ground for when you're too good for the Academy but not good enough for Vicar Street.

There's only like 200 in the difference, doesn't it actually boil down to MCD = Olympia, Aiken = Vicar St.

Quote from: Halo on March 28, 2019, 11:20:44 AM
There's only like 200 in the difference, doesn't it actually boil down to MCD = Olympia, Aiken = Vicar St.

Exactly.

Academy 850 (MCD venue)
Vicar St 1500 (Aiken venue)
Olympia 1650 (MCD venue)

This'll surely do Olympia comfortably being the anniversary of that album.
www.dme-promotions.com
www.facebook.com/dmepromotions
www.instagram.com/dmepromotions
www.twitter.com/dmepromotions

Wow, didn't know the Olympia held more people than Vicar street....ye, it will easily sell out the Olympia alright.

They will never recreate SFX Nov 6th 1994 or the gig the following year. Its sad this incarnation of Machine Head are pulling a cash grab.
Its also a pity that this band went the way it did.

While clearly a cash grab, in theory, this should be the best incarnation to do that album since it was recorded.

Has Logan Mader done anything significant musically since this album? I remember after he left I read that he had a band called Medication but I never heard a note of their music.  Given the era and the direction MH took,  I assume it was a load of jugga shite.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 28, 2019, 04:55:06 PM
Has Logan Mader done anything significant musically since this album? I remember after he left I read that he had a band called Medication but I never heard a note of their music.  Given the era and the direction MH took,  I assume it was a load of jugga shite.
He was in a band called One Human, I think, that supported Fear Factory a couple of years ago.

They were utter shite

Quote from: Trev on March 28, 2019, 05:05:33 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 28, 2019, 04:55:06 PM
He was in a band called One Human, I think, that supported Fear Factory a couple of years ago.

They were utter shite

All he's been doing is primarily producing bands and the above mentioned Once Human with his missus on vocals. Not worth a look on any account on the latter.

Quote from: H on March 28, 2019, 12:02:50 PM
Academy 850 (MCD venue)
Vicar St 1500 (Aiken venue)
Olympia 1650 (MCD venue)

If you had a euro for every time you've had to say that on either this or Metal Ireland before that :laugh:

Seen machine head about four times at various festivals in the last few year and during two of these he slagged that drummer for being shit. There's some great stuff on this record but I saw them play it in Manchester in 2004 so I don't know why they are pulling the 'first time ever' card now.

Quote from: kiehozero on March 28, 2019, 11:28:56 PM
Seen machine head about four times at various festivals in the last few year and during two of these he slagged that drummer for being shit. There's some great stuff on this record but I saw them play it in Manchester in 2004 so I don't know why they are pulling the 'first time ever' card now.

They aren't saying "first time ever" though.

Out of curiosity I went to look at VIP prices (Adam begrudgingly signed my Burn My Eyes CD outside the Olympia in 2007, wouldn't mind adding the rest without standing in the cold again)... SEVENTEEN HUNDRED POUNDS for the top tier. And that's without a fucking ticket. Taking a leaf out of Paul Stanley's book by playing a cheap guitar on stage each night and adding a grand and a half (in sterling!) to the VIP price.