Quote from: 04325613 on November 29, 2018, 03:48:06 PM
Quote from: Pentagrimes on November 29, 2018, 03:01:44 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 29, 2018, 12:55:39 PM
Nothing recorded yet.  It's funeral doom/ doom death sorta gear.

I think he meant Smythsonian's stuff.

Was on about Smythsonian as I saw there might be some sort of recording online, but I am indeed also looking forward to Bacterium.

Some samples for ya:

https://soundcloud.com/andrew-smyth/relay-artefact
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6nAP-EKjqT_WS1Eb2dEYjVDbk0/view

Nice one. Remember this being of interest when you posted it before so I look forward to revisiting it.

Quote from: Smythsonian on November 30, 2018, 11:08:53 AM
Quote from: 04325613 on November 29, 2018, 03:48:06 PM
Quote from: Pentagrimes on November 29, 2018, 03:01:44 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 29, 2018, 12:55:39 PM
Nothing recorded yet.  It's funeral doom/ doom death sorta gear.

I think he meant Smythsonian's stuff.

Was on about Smythsonian as I saw there might be some sort of recording online, but I am indeed also looking forward to Bacterium.

Some samples for ya:

https://soundcloud.com/andrew-smyth/relay-artefact
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6nAP-EKjqT_WS1Eb2dEYjVDbk0/view

Sounds cool, looking forward to hearing the finished article, thanks for sharing.

Cool.  Any updates on this project?

Quote from: Pentagrimes on November 22, 2018, 09:01:56 AM

Eoin: 3/4 of the last Drainland lineup. That probably tells you all you need to know really. Other stuff lining up as well, some of which is non metal.

Great to hear, I'm a big fan of the Drainland stuff

I need to get familiarsed with a lot more local bands.

I'm still listening to the same bands i got into back in 2007/2008 like Darkest Era, Sorrowfall, Sirocco, For Ruin, Mourning Beloveth, Overoth, Mass Extinction and the likes.

Just haven't  really been on the lookout for any newer/more recent bands to be honest.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 30, 2018, 12:09:13 PM
Cool.  Any updates on this project?

Full line up sussed now (vocalist, 2 guitars with additional vocals, bass & drums), just going over existing tunes and finishing em off, adding in vocals, making tweaks and adjustments here and there. Onwards then to recording stuff in the new year at some point I'd say. Keep yiz posted.

#83 December 03, 2018, 09:07:28 AM Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 09:13:06 AM by Pentagrimes
Quote from: Riffie_Fartle on December 01, 2018, 06:12:18 PM
Quote from: Pentagrimes on November 22, 2018, 09:01:56 AM

Eoin: 3/4 of the last Drainland lineup. That probably tells you all you need to know really. Other stuff lining up as well, some of which is non metal.

Great to hear, I'm a big fan of the Drainland stuff

It's not the same band or anything but there'll be similarly bad vibes musically, a bit more damaged sounding  :D There'll be more info in the new year.

Spinning Smythsonian's stuff again this morning there. Really well put together, getting a bit of a Gorguts vibe in bits, definitely interested to see that live.

Some self-promotion

I've been meaning to get round to finishing off a new album for my doom band Bellaras. Been putting it off for a good while now, so I really just need to sit down and get it done. Released a song with the newer sounding stuff on a compilation for Ominous Silence Records a while back. Fairly big sounding doom stuff. Slightly melodic with a bit of funeral doom/death metal influences.

https://bellaras.bandcamp.com/track/wretch-asylum

Listening to the Scáth na Déithe album again lately, it is a fucking quality piece of work. Hope to hear more from them.

Quote from: KingBuddha on December 04, 2018, 10:54:17 PM
Listening to the Scáth na Déithe album again lately, it is a fucking quality piece of work. Hope to hear more from them.
Great band. The drummer moved off to the US for a job, so I learned, otherwise they'd have played the sallys gig in Galway a few years back.

Just moved from around Dublin to the galway area. Im starting to get withdrawal symptoms, what venues and promoters are worth keeping an eye on for my dose of manky metal?

#88 December 05, 2018, 02:46:39 PM Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 09:13:46 PM by 04325613
Quote from: Yolo Swaggins on December 05, 2018, 01:55:25 PM
Just moved from around Dublin to the galway area. Im starting to get withdrawal symptoms, what venues and promoters are worth keeping an eye on for my dose of manky metal?
In Galway? not anymore. Hexen Haus is gone into hibernation I'm afraid. Theres a doom/hardcore crowd involving tebs and dan called New Noise but they haven't put on anything in a while. Also Feast  but they are more into the hardcore/indy genres. Damage Inc/Philfest also recently put on senzar and abaddon so maybe some hope there.

#89 December 05, 2018, 02:56:06 PM Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 02:58:06 PM by Yolo Swaggins
Hmm when I settle in I might look at setting something up then. Did the odd thing in Dublin and know enough folk from gigging myself. I've only been going to a few the last while with the move and I'm feeling a tad out of touch with the local scene  :(. Thanks for the info