In honour of the upcoming gig and the impending demise of this legendary band let's see what our favourite album is.
So one answer, let's go!

I'm going with Beneath the Remains

#1 October 22, 2024, 05:08:07 PM Last Edit: October 22, 2024, 05:12:51 PM by Caomhaoin
Definitely Beneath the Remains. Soft spot for Arise and Chaos AD (the latter on account of it being the first one I heard and the era I grew up in.)

If anyone says Morbid Visions, I swear to jaysus...

Same as Caomhain...I completely get how someone who was invested in Sepultura prior to Chaos AD would hate that album, as it was undoubtedly indebted to that groove metal sound of the time, much like Burn My Eyes, Far Beyond Driven, etc. but it was an introductory album for me.

Same here with Chaos AD being the first one, and played it to death, but Arise is the peak for me

Lately though I'm reaching for the Derrick albums if I'm in the mood for Seps

My go to these days is Schizophrenia but that's purely because I've played BTR and Arise to death. I'd have to go with Arise as my favourite.

Bestial Devastation and Morbid Visions are unlistenablez anyone who votes for either has AIDScancer of the ears.

I got into them with Beneath The Remains, saw them on that tour in the Top Hat and will always have a special love for that album, but the one I listen to the most over the last couple of decades is... Dante XXI

I acknowledge the mortal blow dealt to my Trve Metal standing, even more so considering I'd probably put Quadra at #2 at the moment 😂

Beneath the Remains. If Arise was as consistent throughout as its first two tracks it could compete. But it's not  :)  :abbath:

Beneath is my favorite for sure. Followed by arise. I have that Sepultura dvd documentary Chaos with them playing Under siege in Barcelona. They are lighning on that, one of my go to watch gigs.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on October 22, 2024, 05:08:07 PMDefinitely Beneath the Remains. Soft spot for Arise and Chaos AD (the latter on account of it being the first one I heard and the era I grew up in.)

If anyone says Morbid Visions, I swear to jaysus...
The first wind I got of Sepultura was when you used to cover Propaganda with Slave Zero. I bought Chaos soon after followed by Beneath, Arise and so on.

Quote from: Necro Red on October 22, 2024, 06:01:08 PMBeneath is my favorite for sure. Followed by arise. I have that Sepultura dvd documentary Chaos with them playing Under siege in Barcelona. They are lighning on that, one of my go to watch gigs.

I love that gig, probably the best metal gig video I've ever seen. I was in Glasgow for a Celtic match a few years ago, the lads I went with couldn't get tickets so were about ten pints ahead of me by the time I met them so I went back to the hotel with four cans and watched that. Some night 😅

Beneath is their pinnacle but I am very partial to Arise.

#12 October 22, 2024, 06:52:45 PM Last Edit: October 22, 2024, 06:54:30 PM by leatherface
Beneath The Remains any day of the week.

Chaos AD has aged terribly, very '90s' headbangers Ball dyed hair and baggy clothes sound off it. Truth be told it bored me at the time.  We didn't call it 'groove' or Nu metal at the time but that's what it was. Cool if you were 15 at the time but I got in a bit earlier with Beneath and Arise (even some of the latter hints at 'groove' but it isn't the main focus.)

Arise, that opening riff alone.
It's the fist one I heard but BTR couldn't be any closer to it.

Schizophrenia is my favourite. Ripper start to finish.