When did Taake play Cork?
I remember the Gorgoroth gig more for the fact I couldn't get the night off work.

Always prefered Gaahl as the vocalist. they seemed so evil with him as the frontman. That gig on youtube with all the animal heads on spikes and naked people crucified is metal as fuck. Great songs! SATAN  :abbath: 

I know fuck all about Gorgoroth but this song is amazing:

Shame the rest of the album sounds nothing like that.

Quote from: Necro Red on October 02, 2024, 08:55:00 PMAlways prefered Gaahl as the vocalist. they seemed so evil with him as the frontman. That gig on youtube with all the animal heads on spikes and naked people crucified is metal as fuck. Great songs! SATAN 

The novelty of seeing Gaahl live wore off very quickly Hoest was much better. Pest was shite when he came here with them. I ended up on the piss with Gaahl's boyfriend after Messe des Morts in 2017. Tuomas from Horna got him to come out with us and he was trying to go into his hotel room to get Gaahl out as well but was told he's asleep and not to disturb him  :laugh:

Quote from: Circlepit on October 02, 2024, 04:53:07 PMWhen did Taake play Cork?
I remember the Gorgoroth gig more for the fact I couldn't get the night off work.
Around 08/09,I wasn't very familiar with them,but I do remember the singer trying to shift some fella up the front,it was all very weird!

Am I right in saying Gorgoroth played Cork twice?,I do remember one of the gigs being wedged!.A band called Tyrant supported im sure,they were incredible!,a nice surprise from what I can remember.

Quote from: Paul keohane on October 03, 2024, 08:58:51 AMAm I right in saying Gorgoroth played Cork twice?,I do remember one of the gigs being wedged!.A band called Tyrant supported im sure,they were incredible!,a nice surprise from what I can remember.
Yes Tyrant and Enthroned were the support that night. Zebadiah Crow supported them the other time, cool kind of Akercocke vibes. Enthroned were lethal, Tyrant were great fun, "black metal! Turn your cross upside down!" Gas stuff

Twilight of the Idols is the only Gorgoroth album I know but I enjoyed it years back when we had a copy knocking about.  Haven't put it on in years, must see if it holds up.

Listened to one of the Gaahl albums when it came out and thought it was lethal but it absolutely fell by the wayside about a week later.  No particular reason, just must have had a lot of new music on the go at the time.

Pentagram and Antichrist seem to be a cut above, or at least more in line with what I'm after. I threw on a song from Twilight last night and turned it off. Same with Under the Sign of Hell, but I'll give the full album a go tonight if the drum sound doesn't melt me like it did last night.

I like Twilight now I have to say. Cool vocals and vibe to it

I'll fire the LP on over the weekend. Just put in an order for the Antichrist LP and t-shirt from Soulseller  8)

Quote from: Paul keohane on October 03, 2024, 08:49:28 AMAround 08/09,I wasn't very familiar with them,but I do remember the singer trying to shift some fella up the front,it was all very weird!

The Taake show was March of 09. I think it was still your man Doctor Rock putting on the gigs then. Are you sure that happened at this show I don't remember that. He did something like that with the attention seeker from the Shining on stage once somewhere in Europe that he got backlash over but I don't remember anything like that at the Cork show.

Quote from: Paul keohane on October 03, 2024, 08:58:51 AMAm I right in saying Gorgoroth played Cork twice?,I do remember one of the gigs being wedged!.A band called Tyrant supported im sure,they were incredible!,a nice surprise from what I can remember.

Yes I would have to check through old tickets but I remember them playing in 07 and 08 and then when they came here with Pest a few years later they just did Temple Bar and the bigger Limelight venue in Belfast. The gig with Hoest on vocals for Gorgoroth was Dublin only.

I really like the production on Twilight it has that icy cold feeling to it. I think it's a much better album than AMSG.

Quote from: mickO))) on October 03, 2024, 11:55:40 AM
Quote from: Paul keohane on October 03, 2024, 08:49:28 AMAround 08/09,I wasn't very familiar with them,but I do remember the singer trying to shift some fella up the front,it was all very weird!

The Taake show was March of 09. I think it was still your man Doctor Rock putting on the gigs then. Are you sure that happened at this show I don't remember that. He did something like that with the attention seeker from the Shining on stage once somewhere in Europe that he got backlash over but I don't remember anything like that at the Cork show.

Yes I would have to check through old tickets but I remember them playing in 07 and 08 and then when they came here with Pest a few years later they just did Temple Bar and the bigger Limelight venue in Belfast. The gig with Hoest on vocals for Gorgoroth was Dublin only.

I really like the production on Twilight it has that icy cold feeling to it. I think it's a much better album than AMSG.
Your right,it was the front man of Shining im thinking of!,(a lot of those Cruiscin gigs roll into one now lol).He definitely tried kissing a lad up the front,was fuckin strange!.

Dr Rock,a fella that was run out of the metal scene in Cork! :laugh: