#105 October 05, 2024, 11:45:13 AM Last Edit: October 05, 2024, 11:50:37 AM by Pentagrimes
Ah yeah it's fucking great. Lives up to the hype, and absolutely feels like the next logical progression for them. Fuck the haters.

Funnily enough with all the talk about the non metal influences, I hear a whole lot more Voivod and Ripping Corpse on parts of this than in previous, which is fine by me.

Was mad busy yesterday so couldn't give it much attention,but got stuck into it this morning!Fuck me it great!,what a band!

It's quite something alright, cracker stuff!

Think Arthur Rizk is gonna be even more buried with offers after his work on this.

#109 October 05, 2024, 09:43:45 PM Last Edit: October 05, 2024, 09:55:48 PM by ldj
Have it on here again, they really did nail it. Be class if they got over here for a gig.

Also respect their dedication to the 40 minute album (or thereabouts), not that there aren't plenty of great longer albums, but a lot of records these days you have to be in it for the long haul, there's something very satisfying about that classic eight track 35-45 minute record.

Quote from: ldj on October 05, 2024, 09:43:45 PMHave it on here again, they really did nail it. Be class if they got over here for a gig.

Fingers crosses they'll hop on a ferry when they're playing London!(And play Limerick!)

First full listen went down a treat. Plenty of meat in this here blood incantation.

Excellent listen. Been a while since I had an album finish up and think to myself that I wish it went on a bit longer.

That slow riff at 3:38 in The Message Tablet III is already my favourite piece of music I've heard in years.

The thrashy morbid angel riff at the end of message pt1 has been a real stand out for me

Quote from: Sworntothecans on October 05, 2024, 09:53:44 PM
Quote from: ldj on October 05, 2024, 09:43:45 PMHave it on here again, they really did nail it. Be class if they got over here for a gig.

Fingers crosses they'll hop on a ferry when they're playing London!(And play Limerick!)
Covid robbed us of a Limerick gig the last time!,would have been epic in Dolans!

Quote from: Pentagrimes on October 05, 2024, 11:45:13 AMFunnily enough with all the talk about the non metal influences, I hear a whole lot more Voivod

Already the opening 20 seconds pretty much goes Rush-Cynic-Voivod.

Saw one comment "Some of the riffs are like if Trey got on ADHD meds and sobered up for Formulas"😂

#118 October 06, 2024, 04:19:40 PM Last Edit: October 06, 2024, 05:35:52 PM by GetEvilAllTheTime
Been absorbing it all weekend, really out on their own with this release. The more death metal leaning parts are also probably the best I've heard them do. Maybe it's time for any imitation bands to pack it in  ;D