Just adding to the gushing comments - I listened to it a heap over the weekend and will continue to get into it. The proggy stuff is more immediate to me, but the flow of the album is very good. It feels very natural for what it is, and to do everything that it does in the 40-odd minutes is just really satisfying.

What is the Death riff they nicked at 1:32 into The Message (Tablet III) ?
Something off ITP or Symbolic I think.

Only listened to it twice so far.  Someone commented earlier about the time flying while listening and they are absolutely spot on. 

I only listened to it today. That intro to the Message (Tablet II) is brilliant.
The bass and drums sound fucking savage on it, the kick drum in particular.
The heavy palm-muted riffs with that kick drum, skull rattling stuff!

Had a listen under the influence last night and it was mental. Loved it.

The drum sound is immense on it. Kicks a little too clicky/quantized during the double kicks but still manages to feel natural.

Great album...gets better every spin

Another one to chime in, fourth listen and it's excellent alright, holds the attention throughout. Someone said Morbid Floyd to me which gave me a chuckle  :laugh:

Yeah I can't leave it alone, nothing to add to the thread beyond what is already said.  Just excellent.

Have been going around since the weekend with the bit in track 3 stuck in my head, where he sounds like he is gargling mercury and roaring OPEN THE STARGATE over an absolute bastard of a riff.  Laughing every time I think about it.  It's great

Quote from: TurnTheAirBlue on October 09, 2024, 08:04:12 PMWhat is the Death riff they nicked at 1:32 into The Message (Tablet III) ?
Something off ITP or Symbolic I think.

Reminds me of this riff in Spirit Crusher...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b9AMFf5Ih7Y&t=121s&pp=2AF5kAIB

I think it was Without Judgment I was thinking of, I had a listen to Symbolic today.

Quote from: ochoill on October 10, 2024, 10:48:50 AMYeah I can't leave it alone, nothing to add to the thread beyond what is already said.  Just excellent.

Have been going around since the weekend with the bit in track 3 stuck in my head, where he sounds like he is gargling mercury and roaring OPEN THE STARGATE over an absolute bastard of a riff.  Laughing every time I think about it.  It's great

Yeah that riff at 5 minutes is just fucking class

Blood Incantation are overrated hipster shite, only the second jam session before they had a name was good*.

*Just getting ahead of the curb for when it's cool to hate them, still quite enjoying the new album  :abbath: .

I finally dived in today, I'm not a Pink Floyd guy and some of it took a bit of swallowing but it's ,on one listen, a very, very good album and instant thoughts of top ten for the year. This evening though I gave the video a go and had to turn it off, not my thing at all. Also watched their 'What's In My Bag' piece on YouTube and turned that off also, one Morbid Angel album band a while heap of World Music and Jazz . Not for me. But the new album will be getting plenty more listens and is on the shopping list, really enjoyed it.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes