Old Scorpions are deadly, definitely give them a bit of time. That song is a different level to everything else they did, though.

Another gem from Scorpions

Quote from: astfgyl on July 01, 2024, 09:16:15 PMThat Scorpions tune is actually decent I'd never heard it before

Indeed. Not a fan at all but that's not bad.

This beauty  :abbath:  :abbath:  :abbath:

Quote from: Bürggermeister on July 01, 2024, 09:17:53 PMOld Scorpions are deadly, definitely give them a bit of time. That song is a different level to everything else they did, though.

Scorpions up to World Wide Live is savage. Loads of choons.

Scorpions run from 75 - 85 was incredible. So many brilliant songs.

All respect to Uli, and of course Michael Schenker, both of whom are legendary - Michael might be my favourite soloist - but Matthias Jabs is one of the most underrated guitarists of all time, and their secret weapon. His fills and leads are instantly memorable and often provide the hook that pulls you in, he had a great melodic ear, an incredible sense of phrasing, and just enough flash and aggression to really appeal to the sensibilities of the era. Even in the slower songs where Rudolf takes the main lead, Matthias adds the flavour and melody. 

I reckon even though Uli and Michael may be the more pioneering players, and Klaus, Rudolf and Hermann were writing the hits, without Matthias they would never have been as big.

Quote from: The Wretch on July 02, 2024, 10:38:33 AMScorpions run from 75 - 85 was incredible. So many brilliant songs.

All respect to Uli, and of course Michael Schenker, both of whom are legendary - Michael might be my favourite soloist - but Matthias Jabs is one of the most underrated guitarists of all time, and their secret weapon. His fills and leads are instantly memorable and often provide the hook that pulls you in, he had a great melodic ear, an incredible sense of phrasing, and just enough flash and aggression to really appeal to the sensibilities of the era. Even in the slower songs where Rudolf takes the main lead, Matthias adds the flavour and melody. 

I reckon even though Uli and Michael may be the more pioneering players, and Klaus, Rudolf and Hermann were writing the hits, without Matthias they would never have been as big.

They're absolutely fiends for dropping the hooks in.
Plus Klaus's Germenglish pronunciation 😂

Quote from: Carnage on July 01, 2024, 09:35:55 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on July 01, 2024, 09:16:15 PMThat Scorpions tune is actually decent I'd never heard it before

Indeed. Not a fan at all but that's not bad.

Yeah I don't like em at all but we'll have to call a spade a spade with that one!

An obvious one but still a mighty one

Scrote With A Mullet.

Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on June 28, 2024, 07:54:34 PMHang on, fucking hell, I'm a dope. And everyone else is a dope too, how the FUCK have we missed the best riff in history?

Ah here, it's not even the best riff on that album

Objectively no, but it's the one my brain keeps wandering back to!