I prefer Deicide's Crucifixation.

You could pick nearly any Bolt Thrower song, they were riff machines. That's a cracker though.

Summat a bit different.

Thread has a distinct lack of Wino! Where do you even start with this lad...

Edit - the timestamp for The Hidden Hand album doesn't work, it's supposed to be "Magdalene" at 21:22

Quote from: Carnage on July 04, 2024, 11:14:27 AMYou could pick nearly any Bolt Thrower song, they were riff machines. That's a cracker though.

Good call, but I'd go for either of the first two off the next album:

Twenty Eight is my favourite of theirs, cracking tune.

I couldn't really get into Karma to Burn after the vocals were taken out of it. Like every time someone plays me a single tune I like it but whenever I try an album I get bored halfway through.

Here's another one that hasn't been thrown up yet but it's a cracker

And then this has to go in there, both of the riffs in the song

I know everyone probably knows it but it has to be up there. Both Godflesh and Ministry have loads of great riffs

Wild wonderful Purgatory is the only Karma To Burn album that did it for me. The first one was OK, I only heard it after the second and knew them as an instrumental band at that stage (the vocals in the debut were forced on them by the label, they later reissued an instrumental version), much prefer that style from them. That being said, they have a decent cover of Never Say Die on one of their albums.

Jaysus, haven't heard Auf Der Maur in years.

Quote from: astfgyl on July 04, 2024, 03:50:02 PMI couldn't really get into Karma to Burn after the vocals were taken out of it. Like every time someone plays me a single tune I like it but whenever I try an album I get bored halfway through.

Here's another one that hasn't been thrown up yet but it's a cracker

And then this has to go in there, both of the riffs in the song

I know everyone probably knows it but it has to be up there. Both Godflesh and Ministry have loads of great riffs

Ministry have some savage riffs. In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up is the album I listen to most when working out.

The riff in the chorus (0:48) is pure Voivod worship.