I'm amazed that I didn't think of this sooner.

Quote from: Carnage on June 25, 2024, 09:38:00 PM

I'm amazed that I didn't think of this sooner.

Same. The master at his absolute best there.

The riff that comes in on Destruction Curse the Gods after the minute long intro...  :abbath:

The main riff's a favourite:

We all rag on Zakk Wylde but the riffs to Miracle Man and Gets me through are killer

Quote from: Skott Furys jizz rag on June 25, 2024, 10:43:21 PMWe all rag on Zakk Wylde but the riffs to Miracle Man and Gets me through are killer

To be fair, No Rest... and No More Tears have loads of great riffs. Plus there is 'Perry Mason' on Ozzmosis, and there are some crackers on Pride & Glory too. 

Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on June 25, 2024, 06:53:42 PMNewer one here, super dissonant death metal. The outro riff teased at 2:40 that comes back properly again at 3:17 is top shelf meathead shit. Entire album is well worth a listen.

Holy shit, I've never heard these boys before, but have listened to this album four times back to back since reading your post.

Fuckin' nice wan  :abbath:  :abbath:  :abbath:

Quote from: Ducky on June 26, 2024, 02:20:03 AM
Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on June 25, 2024, 06:53:42 PMNewer one here, super dissonant death metal. The outro riff teased at 2:40 that comes back properly again at 3:17 is top shelf meathead shit. Entire album is well worth a listen.

Holy shit, I've never heard these boys before, but have listened to this album four times back to back since reading your post.

It's been one of my favourites the last year or two. They've another album out very recently but haven't checked it out yet, assuming it's also quality.

Been quite a while since I spent a day listening to Cathedral, but looks like today's the day for it!  :abbath:

Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on June 26, 2024, 08:14:05 AM
Quote from: Ducky on June 26, 2024, 02:20:03 AM

It's been one of my favourites the last year or two. They've another album out very recently but haven't checked it out yet, assuming it's also quality.

Managed another full listen this morning, it's really good.

I'm enjoying some of the Luc Lemay/Steeve Hurdle-esque madman howling to the vocals as well.

Love that Honey Bucket riff. The riff in Revolve is savage too.

They may have gone to mostly shite, but Remission is flawless.

#44 June 26, 2024, 08:52:45 PM Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 08:57:31 PM by Pentagrimes
Hang on, three pages in and noone has mentioned the greatest metal riff of all time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uTPbgxZeYU&t=20s

Shocking lads. Absolutely shocking

Absolute curveball here, because they're not even a remotely metal band, but the opening riff of this puts a lot of metal bands to shame for both catchiness and heft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdN5FiO8NPE

I've posted them recently enough so I won't rehash them but the main riff from "Still of the Night" by Whitesnake and "Fink Dial" by Iron Monkey are both superb. And pretty much 90% of the riffs off Darkthrone's "Goatlord" are perfect.