Plus the Page Hamilton solo🤘

Quote from: Sworntothecans on July 07, 2024, 03:33:22 PM

Plus the Page Hamilton solo🤘

Always liked that song and yeah that solo is class, has a lot of chaotic energy  :abbath:

Feels like cheating because there's at least 10 fantastic riffs in this song alone

Quote from: The Butcher on July 07, 2024, 05:33:50 PMFeels like cheating because there's at least 10 fantastic riffs in this song alone

Ah yeah that whole album is full to the neck of serious riffs. That and Deliverance are riddled with them.

Yup, that's the superior version of the song vs. the one that ended up on Focus.

That's a pretty metal riff (and album artwork) for 1968.

Crackin. Love the Girlschool cover of that too.

Does anyone else pronounce Slaughtered as Shhhhlaugthhered in their head? Maybe it's just me.

I remember when Far Beyond Driven came out myself and my mate Bren (bassist in The State Pathologist... incidentally) were on the way home on the bus from an athletics meet one Sunday evening and asked the driver to stick on the Metal Show. In 94 you can imagine how clued in we were to metal news- no internet, maybe a monthly dose of Metal Hammer but I don't know if I was regularly buying it by then, maybe a couple of years later- so when JK (Onderaydeeeowww) announced a new Pantera song we nearly blew our lids. We had our ears pressed up to the speakers on the underside of the baggage rail and couldn't believe how heavy the new song was. That tune being Shhhlaughthhhereed!

I fucking love a sweet opening riff which is extended a bit at the start of an album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGKOo9dC_-k

Is there a more evil sounding riff than this intro riff?

Had this stuck in my head all morning

Quote from: The Butcher on July 10, 2024, 12:25:50 PMIs there a more evil sounding riff than this intro riff?

Belter. Haven't listened to that album in an age, might chuck it on later.