All the lyrics were included in the black booklet that came with the box so they didn't need to include inserts. I would take the box with the extras and black vinyl over clear reissues any day.

Yes! But the CD version didn't have the lyric pages in the booklet, at all!

The vinyl colour doesn't bother me either, but the having the lyrics/info on proper sleeves like the original albums would have been sweet. At least they were included in the LP book, though.

I don't know much about the CD version myself other that some people saying they were very cheaply done. The books in box are great as are the books that came with all of the Sabbath box sets.

This is handy as I don't have Cross Purposes or Forbidden so will pick them up on CD.

Tyr on at the minute. So fucking epic.

Albums from the box set are getting released separately next month on CD & vinyl.

Nice one. Didn't splash on the box set but have a couple needs picking up.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Added Headless/TYR on to the various wishlists that herself will hopefully check when she's doing the Xmas shopping.

I had Tyr and Headless Cross on my birthday wishlist but the missus said she's already bought me enough, so no CD's.  :(

They're in my basket, just waiting for payday.

Quote from: Maggot Colony on October 18, 2024, 12:14:51 PMI had Tyr and Headless Cross on my birthday wishlist but the missus said she's already bought me enough, so no CD's.  :(

They're in my basket, just waiting for payday.

She's winding you up. She has them both bought on tape, CD, vinyl, t-shirt, mug, socks, undies,  wallpaper... and if not, marching orders!

:laugh: She's probably hired Tony Martin to call over on the special day to serenade me with a selection of tunes from both albums. If not, then I'll be handing her divorce papers after she hands me a birthday card! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEC0YEznmLg

In all fairness the price of the box isn't all that bad given it's 27 records in what looks like proper sleeves plus other extras. The only bad thing is when it comes to the solo material half of it is good and half of it is shite.

Aye, hopefully it'll have the current pressings drop in price,