The Tony Martin era gets the reissue treatment finally BUT is there any reason why 'The Eternal Idol' got left out? Guess I'll hold onto my copy of it so.

Different labels. Idol was on Warner, the others were on IRS. There's already a deluxe version of Idol which includes the (better) Ray Gillen recordings.

Payday tomorrow and I'm getting the box set. Can't wait for it. I've grown to really love Tyr and Headless Cross and I'm sure the others are good too but I'm not familiar with them. I thunk I'll go for the CD box as I'll want to listen to them in the car but I'm half tempted to get the vinyl box to have that Tyr album cover in its full glory... I'll see how I go on the lotto at the weekend.

Quote from: Bürggermeister on May 28, 2024, 11:40:03 AMDifferent labels. Idol was on Warner, the others were on IRS. There's already a deluxe version of Idol which includes the (better) Ray Gillen recordings.

Makes sense. Never got around to hearing the deluxe version.

This could be worth it for 'Headless Cross', got the cassette a few years ago and even that was quite pricey.

Can anyone who does buy this set let me know how it sounds? Have heard that it may have been brickwalled which would be a shame if so. Thanks.

Pre ordered the cd box when it was announced set so looking forward to it now....martins voice is like silk

Ordered. Hopefully it won't take too long to arrive from Sydney.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 29, 2024, 08:41:45 AMOrdered. Hopefully it won't take too long to arrive from Sydney.

Who'd you order it from? Thanks

The price of this outside the US is fucking nuts. 50 dollars for the CDs over there, 129 euros in Tower? Get fucked. I might buy the high-res digital versions instead off qobuz. Iommi needs to get his wrinkled arse on bandcamp.

Listening to both Headless Cross and in particular Tyr in the car today took the sting out of the shit packaging. Fuck, they are savage albums.

Ordered the vinyl box and it is suppose to be arriving at some stage today. Wish they would do boxes for the self titled and Master of Reality. I got all of the other box sets which are great. The tour books that come with them are great for reading while listening to the albums.

Quote from: mickO))) on June 07, 2024, 11:33:27 AMOrdered the vinyl box and it is suppose to be arriving at some stage today. Wish they would do boxes for the self titled and Master of Reality. I got all of the other box sets which are great. The tour books that come with them are great for reading while listening to the albums.

Which boxset do you find the best?
These are the ones with the remastered album/alternative takes/dialogue/live?

Am looking to pick one up

No, John.

The Anno Domini sets are just the Tony Martin remastered albums and Forbidden remix.

The other sets are individual Ozzy albums with all the bells, whistles, doorknobs and kitchen sinks...

got the deluxe eternal idol digipak on amzon not too long ago for about 11 quid..it is savage