Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 08, 2024, 09:04:02 AMI have never listened to Dehumanizer, or Mob Rules for that matter. Plenty of quality Sabbath left for me to delve into  8)

You're in for a treat so!

Indeed,.those are two mighty albums. Wait til you get that 'I' riff in your noggin.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Yeah, Dehumanizer is a top 5 Sabbath album easily, maybe even top 3.

#34 June 08, 2024, 09:09:36 PM Last Edit: June 08, 2024, 09:58:04 PM by jobrok1
Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 08, 2024, 09:04:02 AMI have never listened to Dehumanizer, or Mob Rules for that matter.

Get on it, Lad.
You won't be disappointed.
Dehumanizer is top 5 Sabbath for me.

Quote from: Thorn on June 08, 2024, 06:26:09 PMIndeed,.those are two mighty albums. Wait til you get that 'I' riff in your noggin.
CHOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNN!

:abbath:
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Never liked Dehumaniser for some reason....Dio's voice started to grate in this period for me

Some of ye might find this of interest:

I have to say, I'm really enjoying Cross Purposes a lot, much more than I ever did when it was released. Listening to it in this set, it sounds fucking cool coming after Tyr... but didn't sound so cool back then as the follow-up to Dehumanizer. Good gear.

Yeah, it's a solid album, thoroughly enjoyable. Some great riffs on there of course.

It's a bit lighter than Tyr and Headless Cross somehow. Might just be less thematically strong and the songs don't quite hit the same heights.

I see these are all getting individual LP and CD re-releases now too...
And to be honest they look great. Much better than each albums individual presentation in the box set.

LP's will be clear vinyl with info/lyric sleeves.
CDs look to be digipak or digisleeves.

I get that the box set had to be presented a certain way. And the LP version I am very happy with, but full size inner sleeves with info/lyrics would have really finished it, IMO.
And the CD version omitted all of this from the booklet.

So I presume this means the box set itself is now limited and done at this stage.

I might have to grab Tyr and perhaps even Headless Cross on vinyl so. The rest I can live without. The gimpy box CDs will do.